This could all be done by July of 18

Best Answer I Can Give
 I don't think there will be a drop dead date on the OLD BAR 97. They stop working, that's it.
By Feb of 18 everyone WILL have a new ASM machine.
In that machine will be a faster, newer computer. MUCH SMARTER. IT HAS USB PORTS.

 You really want to try and stop cheating?
 All vehicles DYNO. ASM with a RPM not SPEED. 4 wheel drive? Dynamic. Back to the old TSI.

 Where I am going with this. I have TWO computer where I only need ONE Two keyboards two, on and on and on. Only need ONE.

 ASM. NO Dynamic test. Watch the fuel trims as we are on the rollers. Ok let's see you run a simulator. Yes it can be done. But done right every time?
Make it hard enough that it is not worth the MONEY.

 My Opus has a widows 10 computer. USB ports. Plenty of room on top or next to the printer to put the DAD unit.
Why do I have TWO Cords to get the OBD Data? TWO scanners? Two printers? TWO, TWO .TWO.

 Why are will still using a BASE program that was done in 1996?

 The EVAP Machine could be tied into the New ASM Machine. Why do I need to look for a Modem. Hell it has a Ethernet Port.

 Why is the air getting worse under OIS? We who do this KNOW.

 California WAS it. TOP DOG. FIRST in pollution control. We could be there again. The Machines are out there. The computers to do the job were out there. The BRAIN power is there. I WILL FLAT OUT ADMIT THAT THE STATE DID A DAMN GOOD JOB ON OIS. The trouble was it could be cheated before it was even in use.
Make it harder for the cheaters to cheat. Make it plenty easier to catch them.
Run the fuel trims and anything else they want to monitor during the ASM part.

 All of this did not solve the problem of dirty air and cheating.

 Show the world. California KNOWS how to SLOW down the cheating. KNOWS how to do a better job. Shows the Feds they were WRONG on OIS.
As good as OIS is. The State looks like it has the people to put a program together. It can't be that hard to put all three together. ASM, OIS and EVAP tester all goes thru one computer. One dial out. One keyboard.

 Make our life easier. Make the Cheaters life so it's not worth the money and CLEAN UP THE AIR.

 Be what California once was. A LEADER

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

D Rochells 150861
Cheating is not going to stop, ever. Outlawing 1 man test onlys would drastically reduce the problem though.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

Best Answer I Can Give
 Why 1 man test only? What is the difference? Cheaters will cheat.

 D. we all know cheaters are out there. Make it harder to cheat, easier to catch them, Make it so it's more of a pain in the ass than it is worth the money.

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

smogtechsj
i know shops in my area are still cheating on the OIS, using obdnator for over a year now.

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

Best Answer I Can Give
 This is the real KILLER. We all know of shop's that, well if they are not, someone has told me a lie. Some shop's you know cheat.
D does one car, May have at that, and they are all over his ass?

 It should take less than a week to shut down a shop.

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

Why is this obvious to me but no one else seems to get it? You said it yourself, you leave that tech all alone and they control the shop. A customer can't ask me for an illegal smog if I don't talk to them. I can't make up bullshit to reject a car I don't want to test if I don't do the service writing. Ok, I still can because the service writers end up being loyal to me cause the boss is dumb. We all need checks and balances because our jobs are filled with conflicts of interest.

BAR is depriving the people of CA of the protection afforded them by the vehicle inspection program by allowing this to continue. They give the licenses to cheaters and harass the honest techs who make mistakes. Meanwhile when they make mistakes nothing happens.

The loser that investigated me got me in trouble once before. He told and and a room full of techs not to check timing on ALL DIS, 3 months later we almost got written up for NOT checking them.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

Best Answer I Can Give
 D, apple and oranges. Apple. One man shop\Shop Owner. The orange is Absent owner. OH HELL YES TWO MAN. Just for what you put down.
Customer can say what they want. Tech can say what he wants. 3rd man HE KNOWS WHAT WAS SAID AND DONE.

 Who gives a rats ass. I cheat I look for a new job. Owner goes I look to lose it ALL.

Re: This could all be done by July of 18

INLANDSMOG
Call me