This mornings OIS update

Re: This mornings OIS update

none
It is a new BAR-OIS version for BETA stations. I will show recalls that don't show on the DMV renewal.

I've had three so far today that showed an open recall. One person said it was already done and the other two were aware of it anyway but I could tell they didn't care.

Re: This mornings OIS update

Talk about a WASTE of paper. Thank you green State California.
I thought the same thing. I called thinking something was wrong since it was printing the second page when they didn't have any open recalls. The guy from BAR checked into it and called me back and said that is how it is supposed to be.

I think it might be a good time to invest in the logging industry and paper product stocks. I will use about 100 more pages per day.

The rest of you will see what we are talking about in a few weeks when the next update comes out.
This is BS.  You can't select the page you want to print.  You can select Duplex mode, but it ignores it.   They want you to print the report on 2 separate pages.

I got around this by printing to a pdf, and then printing out the report.  Anyone think of any downside of doing it this way?   Once it's in pdf form, I can use Duplex mode.

Re: This mornings OIS update

Best Answer I Can Give
 The real BS is it PRINT the form even if it doesn't have any.

Re: This mornings OIS update

none
And then trying to explain this USEFUL information to a customer.

Re: This mornings OIS update

locopoco
Set the printing preferences(Brother HL-2270DW) on duplicate and it worked.

Single page double sided.

Re: This mornings OIS update

Best Answer I Can Give
 Well the "Newest" update hit us this morning. GREAT.

 The "Extra Page" is GONE.
Now you must enter "Engine Family" To the BAR credit, they do list them, at least the 2 I did, Toyota.
They did put a None spot in. Chevy air cleaner housing that are now Cold air intake.

 The EF# is a PAIN IN THE LOWER BACKSIDE. Write down the number and hope you can find it.

Re: This mornings OIS update

... The EF# is a PAIN IN THE LOWER BACKSIDE. Write down the number and hope you can find it.
I don't think it's an issue at all. I look at it when I check if it is CAL or FED and I just remember the last 5 digits. It pulls up right after the cal or fed question.

If you enter "NONE" it comes up with a notice telling you only to enter that if the label is missing or faded.

Re: This mornings OIS update

No One
My shit hasn't updated. I even closed the window and re-opened like the message suggested.

Re: This mornings OIS update

none
It only for "BETA" stations right now (Guinea pigs). It should change for everyone in a week or two.

Re: This mornings OIS update

No One
Are beta testers picked at random?

Re: This mornings OIS update

none
High volume shops I'm guessing.

BAR called me a few years ago and asked if I would do it. You have to be OK with BAR watching what you are doing while you are doing it. I got a call once about the emissions label on a truck right after I got done running it.

Re: This mornings OIS update

none
I have to say, it's not as easy as it seemed at first. Most diesels are not on the list and many of the numbers don't pull up the right one at first until you start to type it in.

Re: This mornings OIS update

I have to say, it's not as easy as it seemed at first. Most diesels are not on the list and many of the numbers don't pull up the right one at first until you start to type it in.
I did the update, but still not getting the stuff you guys are. I guess ill see tomoree.

Re: This mornings OIS update

Best Answer I Can Give
 Just wait. It is all sorts of fun.
 Doing a 6.8 Ford and it gives you a list with ALL the Ford numbers. 2.5 2.0 on and on. On mine you start going down the list and it jumps back up to the top. Don't know about the others. The EFN is not on the list so you start typing it in and all of the sudden it pops up. EFN's that you can't read and then it tells you a message about not putting them in.

 And THEN, THEN the reason? To make sure the PZEV vehicles are getting the Warranty they should. No way in hell a truck is PZEV, yet put the numbers in.

 And you WONDER why I am always PISSED OFF. Why are we putting numbers in when a VIN number will give you a PZEV vehicle.

 Time wise it's not that bad. Just a general PITA.

Re: This mornings OIS update

His_Stigness
The test group entry is bullshit. I assumed that by entering it in, or selecting it, it would be printed on the VIR. That's at least useful. Over the years the label can get screwed up, but if the customer kept the old smog reports (which you should do), at least it would be printed.

BUT NOPE! It's just for the BAR's data. Fuck that. I think every car I do will suddenly have a mutilated label and the test group won't be legible. I'm not going to waste my time and the customer's time so the BAR can collect more data it's too cheap to get on its own.

Re: This mornings OIS update

No One
His_Stigness wrote
BUT NOPE! It's just for the BAR's data. Fuck that. I think every car I do will suddenly have a mutilated label and the test group won't be legible. I'm not going to waste my time and the customer's time so the BAR can collect more data it's too cheap to get on its own.
Watch them start lowering your star score because you aren't entering the #s. Just like if you don't scan the vin off the car.

Re: This mornings OIS update

His_Stigness
I wouldn't be surprised in the least. But if my score suddenly drops when my score has always been .8 or higher, I'll take legal action. The owners of my shop are attorneys and they REALLY want to know what metrics the BAR uses for the Star score. They're hoping to use the appeal process from a previous citation to force that information in discovery.

Edit: I can also just enter the odd one here and there. There's no way they can successfully argue I'm intentionally not putting them in. It would take at least two years for the car to get re-tested by someone else and have it entered in.

Re: This mornings OIS update

No One
His_Stigness wrote
The owners of my shop are attorneys and they REALLY want to know what metrics the BAR uses for the Star score. They're hoping to use the appeal process from a previous citation to force that information in discovery.
Its like my boi BESTA said, these fucks change the scores arbitrarily based on who's taking them to court and who isn't.

Re: This mornings OIS update

Best Answer I Can Give
 THESE GUYS HAVE A CHANCE.

 By the sounds of it they got popped with a UC. UC never had a thing to do with STAR. BAR is trying to use the STAR as a added BONUS.

 They could argue and WIN that STAR is a Law that should not be on the books. AND WIN. The STAR metric cannot be given out, because there is no METRIC.
You have a RIGHT to face your accuser and KNOW what evidence they have and how they came to the punishment they use.

 BAR is trying to hurt his income with a law that they cannot support. That is GROUNDS for a Court Battle.
They are in the Perfect position to do what needs to be done.

 Thanks guys.

Re: This mornings OIS update

THESE GUYS HAVE A CHANCE.

 By the sounds of it they got popped with a UC. UC never had a thing to do with STAR. BAR is trying to use the STAR as a added BONUS.

 They could argue and WIN that STAR is a Law that should not be on the books. AND WIN. The STAR metric cannot be given out, because there is no METRIC.
You have a RIGHT to face your accuser and KNOW what evidence they have and how they came to the punishment they use.

 BAR is trying to hurt his income with a law that they cannot support. That is GROUNDS for a Court Battle.
They are in the Perfect position to do what needs to be done.

 Thanks guys.

no way you should try it some time, id support your movement someone get the gofundme campagin id drop money on that, i already dropped money on the last guy and where is he now
123