Timing:

smogido
Its me again, new tech. I had a 2001 nissan sentra today, 1.8l. underhood emission label said timing at 9btc but no distributer and did not say about no adjustment needed. I put n/a for timing. i refered to 2014 motor book and said timing at #1 with tps disconnected. still i went with my guts and put n/a. Did i do it correctly?

Re: Timing:

FiendFX
Do you have alldata or mitchell on demand? That's what I use...

Re: Timing:

No conventional distributor present, it is not adjustable.

Re: Timing:

Not adjustable ,coil over plug

Re: Timing:

Centralized Smog
Be careful. Some Dis system have adjustable cam sensor. The miata and 300zx are a couple of examples. You will need to check the timing on these vehicles.

Re: Timing:

Centralized Smog wrote
Be careful. Some Dis system have adjustable cam sensor. The miata and 300zx are a couple of examples. You will need to check the timing on these vehicles.
Agreed.

Re: Timing:

smog1
agreed but coil pack or coil on plug not adjustable on my book.even some distributor are non adjustable i use pro demand.com

Re: Timing:

If you have at least one BAR-approved reference that explicitly states that it's non-adjustable, then you should be fine, DIS, COP, or distributor.

The statement "Non-Adjustable" is sufficient.  A classic example is the under-hood label on a ~20-year-old Taurus/Sable.

The statement "No Adjustment Needed" is not sufficient.  A classic example is the under-hood label on a ~20-year-old Honda.