Tip of the iceberg

Troll
https://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Used_Vehicle_Inspections.pdf
These used car dealers are just bottom feeders.Our last jerkoff- type was one who on a non obd2 car wired the check engine lite first to the door switch, the to the handbrake, and finally to the oil pressure light. I wish I had a dollar for every time they would say I'll fix it when I get back to my lot, or you gotta help me- the car is already sold and in texas.   Most used car dealers are so dishonest. We've thrown 99.9 % out of our shop. Looks like bar has a tiny idea of the problem facing the consumer. And forget about their so called "safety inspection".  I'd rather have Helen Keller safety their car than them.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

locopoco
I had many before but right now I have only one account with abused car dealer,and from day one I told him if you don't want to join the others be straight and no incomplete monitors.

He told me once accidentally that"He works with another shop in the area who helps him just for his shitty cars".

Re: Tip of the iceberg

Smogtech
used car dealers and backyard mechanics  =?

It's not the smog tech cheated. it's the above, passed then back to the lot and removed everything that installed to  passed, and re-installed the used failed components.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

Best Answer I Can Give
 I keep going back to, SMOG EVERY VEHICLE EVERY YEAR. WHY?
#1 Put people to work.
#2 People would be more incline to FIX IT.  Take the shit off. Put it back on. That get's fucking old. Take it to my uncle. He didn't fix it right last time. That was a waste of money.  Catch the cheaters that much faster.
#3 We would make more money. Why cheat when you can make money the right way?
#4 The money and the BAR budget. HUGE.

 Some people just can't or will not see past the nose on their face. STAR and the can of worms it is. Just one example.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

D Rochells 150861
Doing safety inspections would clean the air better, so much junk passes that I would not let Hitler's mom drive while she was pregnant with Hitler.

זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Tip of the iceberg

Smogtech
D agreed with you.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

 Safety/ every 6 months. PUT PEOPLE TO WORK.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

I agree with you both D and Justanother , (pregnant Hitler's mom ,hahah) and you also Troll . We used to have a used car lot , that wanted us to pass each car fast and in a hurry , problem with that was most of his trucks and cars had aftermarket parts with no Eo stickers attached .I would do the research and attach a copy of the pictured part . He became even more insistent on the hurry up thing that my boss told him to start putting oem on it if he wanted us to hurry . He eventually took it to guy down the street that passes everything including Hitlers moms car .

Re: Tip of the iceberg

I am interested if the "incomplete readiness monitors" could be EVAP incomplete or only monitors besides evap.

An incomplete readiness monitor could still pass smog but could cause; "I n over 800 of the complaints, the consumer specifically alleged that the vehicle’s Check Engine Light illuminated within days or even hours following the purchase."

Re: Tip of the iceberg

none
From page 14; • Perform reconditioning/safety inspection before the smog inspection.

Why before? If they spend the money on detail, 4 tires, windshield, and body work or other repairs only to find out that a 2007 Chevrolet diesel is missing the catalytic converter system, they are going to loose a lot of money when it goes back to the auction.

I deal with a few dealers and I have the first thumbs up/thumbs down on the car. If it passes smog or doesn't need too much to pass it goes on to safety check and then detail.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

Best Answer I Can Give
 Ones I deal with, Smog First. Then they decide.

Re: Tip of the iceberg

D Rochells 150861
It's sad no where in that document do they bring attention to the fact that letting dealer smogs last for 2 years might be part of the problem.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!