Tire Pressure check

GrossPolluter
I been out of the business for quite a while and wanted to ask about Tire Pressure Check. When did the BAR require us to check tire pressure and have to notify the customer? Do we have to make a note on the every invoice?

I would only have checked them when I see the tires low when I do a safety check before running the ASM.

Re: Tire Pressure check

justa
Banned User

Re: Tire Pressure check

Citation Addict
I do it, only IF the customer come in and does the test with me, otherwise F-them.

Re: Tire Pressure check

Citation Addict
Any stations been cited for this shit? Just curious. I havent.

Re: Tire Pressure check

Tire pressure checks have been required for a few years.
And Yes, you must document tire pressure checks on the invoice.
The customer can initial the service order to DECLINE it
or "state" they will do the tire pressure check themselves.
And should the tires be Nitrogen filled, we are NOT required to
provide nitrogen checks.
The BAR "clowns" will have us cleaning windshields
pretty soon.
Seems to me the state and federal government are trying to control anything
and everything we as human beings do each and everyday.

Re: Tire Pressure check

Vehicles OVER 10,000 GVWR and dual rear wheeled vehicles are not required
to be checked.
Document the service order to CYA.