Too hot

Kriss Vector

Re: Too hot

BlueSky
Kriss Vector wrote
2 shop fans blowing hot air is not enough for this heat. Thoughts on a mobile evaporative cooler like this:http://www.evapo-cool.com/
If you're in a low humidity area they work really good.  But when the humidity is 30% and above they don't work well.

I put misters on a large pedestal fan and blow the mist through the shop.  It works good in low humidity and is much cheaper then those large cooler units.

Re: Too hot

Kriss Vector

Re: Too hot

Best Answer I Can Give
 Muggy. One one and only thing I HATE about here MUGGY. Walk around like you are swimming all day. Think I'm back east.

Re: Too hot

Kriss Vector wrote
You need a hose attached to the misters correct? I don't have a water faucet for a garden hose on my side of the building.
You need a hose for a swamp cooler too though.

Re: Too hot

Kriss Vector

Re: Too hot

BlueSky
Kriss Vector wrote
You need a hose attached to the misters correct? I don't have a water faucet for a garden hose on my side of the building.
Do you have a bathroom?  You can tap into the cold water side and run a hose from there.

Re: Too hot

Best Answer I Can Give
 Don't care how you cool yourself off. DRINK LOT'S OF WATER.

Re: Too hot

corsakev
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Champion-Cooler-5000-CFM-2-Speed-Window-Evaporative-Cooler-for-1600-sq-ft-with-Motor-and-Remote-Control-RWC50/100185332 i went to home depot and bought me 3 of these for less than 1 of those big coolers droped my temp in the shop enough to be able to work again just used hose and a fitting for drip irigation and hooked to faucet