Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

GrossPolluter
This post was updated on .
Motor ECSA says that it is on the lower right side under steering column, Traction IS disengagable. This is the second one that we inspected but couldn't find the T/C button so we have been running TSI mode.

We have a green hard copy of descriptions on how to disengage the traction on some earlier vehicles but that list is dated. Where are you guys getting your information on how to disengage T/C on these newer vehicles. I am aware when DAD comes into play we will not be running ASMs on most 00 and later vehicles but for now I just watching our backs and don't want to get flagged for these.

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

Citation Addict
If you cant turn it off like the book says, its a TSI test. I get the 4runners that are like that.

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

SMOG 1
its there look further down almost as if looking up at the DLC on the left side theres a AFS off button and on the right theres TRAC off button

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

GrossPolluter
That's a negative Smog 1. I know where you are talking about, that is common for Lexus and Toyota for the T/C button placement but the two ES350s that came in had the AFS button but not Traction, that spot to the right of the AFS was empty

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

SMOG 1
OK Then check under the hood and it should have the label that says to by pass asm loaded test .cAbout the negative then figure it out urself im just tryna help a fellow smog tech with m experience

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

Jones

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

SMOG 1
yeeeeh

Re: Traction button on a 07 Lexus ES350?

Some Toyota Camry, 4-Runner,RX330, ES350, RX350 are not testable because TC button is not present.