Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

seeerg707
  Per book we TSI vehicles with GVWR of 8,5001 and drive axle of 5,001 and over . I've been doing this for the past 2 years,  when I 1at started I wasn't aware
Serg

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

seeerg707
Serg

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

I have yet to see a pick up with a GVWR under 10,000 lbs that has an UNLADEN REAR AXLE WEIGHT above 5,000 lbs.

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

seeerg707
Next time check out the F250 and F350 and some heavy duty Chevy ; i will post a picture next time.  You will be surprised
Serg

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

none
seeerg707 wrote
Next time check out the F250 and F350 and some heavy duty Chevy ; i will post a picture next time.  You will be surprised
Are you weighing the axle? The door label shows the GROSS WEIGHT RATING for the rear axle which is NOT the same as UNLADEN weight.

I have had a Grumman delivery van that had a rear axle weight over 5000 lbs but was under 10,000 lbs GVWR.

I have had a Grumman delivery van that had a rear axle weight over 5000 lbs but was under 10,000 lbs GVWR.
Yep. I only TSI is its over 10k GVWR or does not fit dyno.

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

ford F450 & ram 5500

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 9:21 AM seeerg707 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Per book we TSI vehicles with GVWR of 8,5001 and drive axle of 5,001 and over . I've been doing this for the past 2 years,  when I 1at started I wasn't aware
Serg

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Tsi-for-vehicles-gvwr-8-501-and-drive-axle-over-5-001-tp5082822.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

none
Kevin wrote
ford F450 & ram 5500
They are both over 10,000 lbs GVWR anyway though.

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

FiendFX
Yea and mostly like wont fit on dyno to run either.

Im going based off the Label where it says GVWR and rear axle
Serg

Serg

The door label does not show "UNLADEN WEIGHT" (unloaded) though. It shows "REAR GAWR" which is "GROSS AXLE WEIGHT RATING" (fully loaded) which on this F250 would include a pay load of 1,500 lbs in the bed making the unladen weight well under 5,000 lbs and close to 3,750 lbs if you put it on your scale. Since it is under 10,000 lbs GVWR I would test it on the dyno if it was to get a BAR97 test.

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

Re: Tsi for vehicles gvwr 8,501 and drive axle over 5,001

seeerg707
You are right thank you
Serg