UC Stings

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
As you guys may have noticed on previous posts B.A.R. has new cars and new rats.  Well just found out they are now sending people in with failed smog reports from a fake smog station asking for a smog.  Also they are going beyond the limit for these UC cars.  A Astro Van hit a shop in San Diego B.A.R. removed the PCV Valve and placed a tube in its place.  Last I checked removing the PCV hose is not part of the Visual, Functional or Emissions portion of the smog inspection.  Be on the look out for these idiot B.A.R. reps who do mods. that are not going to be checked during a routine smog inspection.  Lets play it safe guys and gals look over every car with a fine tooth comb until we can knock these B.A.R. reps off their horses.  We will keep you guys posted with more information as it become available. Remember if you suspect you did a UC car send us the info.  If you have not received the pass for the UC link you must first register with Stop Star and then you will be granted access.

Re: UC Stings

Citation Addict
Am I reading this right? Are they popping stations if they are Passes or Fails? That plain wrong.

Re: UC Stings

  BAR always takes the pcv hose off or lets it hang while capped off by a screw painted black so you can't tell unless you tug gently on the hose . As for replacing a hose with a tube ? I thought as long as the pcv was sealed there was no problem . OMG talk about extremists ,nazzis ,power mongering and money hungry whores .

Re: UC Stings

drunken2000
its funny what lengths they'll go to cite shops. Last I read, its called a VISUAL inspection. NOT a functional inspection for PCV.... damm crooks

Re: UC Stings

Karupt
 yep , Visual , not Functional , so now we have to determine if hoses are hoses and not tubes? what else do we have to determine if an egr is an egr and not toy cut out ? seriously that is just huey overboard .