UC inland empire

Evil Morty
undercover 95 altima timing off -3kbp227; 1n4bu31d9sc156402
inland empire
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: UC inland empire

nanz1414
sure is....

Re: UC inland empire

Kevin
What was wrong with it that you believe it was an UC,

Re: UC inland empire

Evil Morty
i know 4 shops that passed it and 1 that failed it and the history never changed.the cars been hitting shops since the beginning of January sometimes by a nervous older woman and sometimes by an older chill guy

i got a friend who owns a couple shops, he failed it for timing 3 of his other shops passed it
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: UC inland empire

Re: UC inland empire

D Rochells 150861
It is way too easy to make a mistake on a Nissan as they have at least 4 different scales and the far left mark can be -5 or 0.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: UC inland empire

 For those of you that have never seen a Timing UC, this is what I have seen. And I have seen 4.

 The pointer is WHITE. Painted WHITE Clean and painted WHITE.
The Mark where it should be is painted WHITE. The mark where the timing is set at is painted WHITE. The hold down for the Dist may have a paint brush hair glued on it. Makes sure that you didn't tamper with the timing. It WILL have something to make sure you didn't mess with the timing.
ALL OF THIS WILL BE OUT IN THE OPEN. The EPA label telling you what the timing specs. are, will be out where a picture can be taken of it. EVERYTHING will have a picture of what was done.
Most of the ones I have seen are 10 off.

 You get hit on a UC, YOU GOT LAZY.

Re: UC inland empire

D Rochells 150861 wrote
It is way too easy to make a mistake on a Nissan as they have at least 4 different scales and the far left mark can be -5 or 0.
In my experience there are the 5, 6 and 7-notch crank pulleys.  Only the 6-notch has 5°A on the left notch.  The others are TDC on the left notch.

I had a hell of a time on a 1986 MR2 today.  I ended up using a 3.25" mirror with my timing light, and I'm pretty sure it was within spec.  Trouble is it failed for NOx, and the customer went full douche on my substitute service writer, refusing to pay.  They both walked over to me while I was prepping for another test, and my guy told me he wasn't willing to pay for the fail.

Douche:  "There's no reason it should fail, because I just replaced the catalytic converter."
Me:  "Yet it failed, and I stand behind the results.  Anyway, you signed a work order authorizing me to inspect it for the given price."
Douche:  "I didn't sign anything."
A quick glance at my substitute service writer, and I realized that he had been struggling with the work order software, and hadn't prepped it in time, hoping that my regular service writer would get back from lunch before I was done.
Me:  "Okay, then get the Hell out of here.  Buh Bye."
Douche:  "Fine.  I'll just take it to my guy ..."

Re: UC inland empire

Troll
Those are a complete bitch to see   Rarely would i jack r/r up, but you could see it easier.
No sign- money back.  That is on page 1 of the PR1 training manual.