URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

D wrote
... he told me they do 100 cars a day in Tennessee and I didn't know what busy was....
Did you ask him how many CARB EO#s they have to look up and check rusty cat part numbers against the engine family numbers?

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

D, I was almost finally decided to get the ESP units but I know you have used all kinds of different machines and your reviews have me up in the air on which to get.

The sales guy for W/W is great and the ESP sales guy just tells me everything that will happen to a W/W unit. I think he may even have blamed world terrorism on W/W and my dyno will exploded next month because the rollers go out all the time.

I have had good luck with ESP service over all.

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

 Do your math Kriss.
 15 minutes. 4 15 minutes in a hour. 9 hour day. 8 to 5 with no lunch. 4 an hour, times 9 hours. 40 Cars?
Is this new math or old math.

 I guess none of you people have seen a centralized check station. IT IS NOT RUN BY ONE PERSON.
It does not do the test we do.
 The ones we had in So Cal YEARS back. No Timing. No Evap. No Gas Cap Check. WTF was a check engine light.They were BRAND NEW.

 So when your OPUS guy LIES to you tell him I CALL BS.

 The reason they may do 100 in Ten O See/ hell it's all their uncle,dad, grandpa, First cousin, nephews, Family. There is no Family tree back there it's just one stick.
Because they are all family they only bring in one car for them all.

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Kriss Vector

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

D, I was almost finally decided to get the ESP units but I know you have used all kinds of different machines and your reviews have me up in the air on which to get.

The sales guy for W/W is great and the ESP sales guy just tells me everything that will happen to a W/W unit. I think he may even have blamed world terrorism on W/W and my dyno will exploded next month because the rollers go out all the time.

I have had good luck with ESP service over all.
I'm just down the hill from you, and I'm working here from 8:30 to 4:00 tomorrow.  Drop by and check it out.  If you warn me before you get too close to me, I'll even abort the bro-hug.

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Best Answer I Can Give
 Argue all you want, SOME machines are just Lemons.

 Have yet to use one . I just KNOW SPX. But I do know this. 2 machines. Less than serial numbers 500 apart. Same computer. Same you name it.
One gives me one set of problems, the other, never done that one but does another set of problems.
That's why they made the "Lemon Law".

 You talk to your repair guys, some people are just hard on the equipment. I have had guys work for me that are just hard on the equipment.

 Biggest thing that pissed me off about working the City job, " It's not mine" as they beat up the equipment.

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Best Answer I Can Give
 Shit, one nights expense was not covered by what any of you have paid in taxes a YEAR. 14 guys all making over 50K a year, plus Benny's . Hell a Radiator in one of those trucks was over $3000, The Auto Trans was more that the engine. We spent a ton of money a night.
Trans was $22.000. Engine was $18

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

scanner
1111 wrote
Cables had full plastic covering. Way thicker than "TP".
The roll of TP sits a lot higher than the clamp.   I personally use a 2X4 to keep the hood from completely closing.

It's pretty obvious you closed the hood onto the clamp and caused it to catch fire.
iha

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

iha
D wrote: The saddest thing about gen 3 is that the TECHNICIAN DATA HAS BEEN ADDED is still there.

What does this mean?

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

none
The red screen about tech data started here when SGS took over from whoever the vender was before. I guess the first stations who switch over had all the techs removed from the machines. The bummer is that now I ignore the red screen but sometimes it is a previous fail that shows up on the red screen and I just click past it without reading it.
iha

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

iha
ww

Well first calibration issue at 6 months. I am calling Monday at 7:00 AM and will find out how good the 2 day drawer replacement warranty is! Will keep everybody posted! I wonder if the WW 5000 has a NOX sensor...

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

It was probably the OIS cable to the DAD when you can't get the signal from the DLC ?

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

Iconcur
they don't change the drawer just the nox sensor, keep the old nox sensor pull the cap off on top and you will see there is a 3volt battery operating it, same thing with esp machines that's a guarantee at least once a year service call. interesting stuff when you start talking to the techs. my new ww machine had 4 nox failures in a month and a half I think I finally got a nox sensor where the battery wasn't dead lol
iha

Re: URGENT NOTICE FIRE HAZARD GEN 3

iha
So, You are saying that the Gen 3 and WW EIS 5000 use the same NOX sensor? Why use a design feature that requires a separate power supply for the sensor? seems crazy.. battery runs out of juice and ... service call...
123