Uc car in San Carlos

bizarsmog
 My friend called me ,BAR  supervisor visited him this morning , BAR cought him in August,
Car is 4 runner 3.0  puls air valve is missing
What out guys !!!

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

thepollutants
Wasn't that the one that visited your shop in Berkeley?

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

thepollutants
Fuck, now I'm trippin'. I got a 1995 4Runner on October 8 and passed it visually for PAIR but flunked it for timing and tailpipe. I wonder if that was it?

Last 5 VIN: 14550.

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

kfworry
Remember, Undercover vehicles NEVER fail tail pipe emissions!!

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

Mike
Watch out for this one.
Remember to look closely under the intake manifold because this one is really shady.
BAR removed the valve and pipe assy and it's easy to overlook

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

Karupt
Thanks for the heads up!

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

really? how do you know?

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

kfworry wrote
Remember, Undercover vehicles NEVER fail tail pipe emissions!!
Your argument seems reasonable, but it appears to be inaccurate.  I thought the same, until I read the following (thanks, FiendFX):

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/80_BARResources/ftp/pdfdocs/Accusations/ard187495-dec.PDF

Read paragraphs 12 to 24.  The Bureau found that the shop was trying to play "Robin Hood", by illegally helping vehicles through the smog process while charging minimal money to do so.  Three undercover cars were set up to fail emissions, and the shop illegally helped all three through without properly fixing them.

The smog tech involved apparently was trying to please his boss and the customers, and it looks like he just needed to get away and find work in a more professional environment.  I checked his STAR scores, and they are solid now ... whatever that means.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Uc car in San Carlos

bizarsmog
That uc car was in San leandro last year , field offices exchange under cover car every year, last year I saw that red Toyota pick up in San Francisco, this year same car was in Berkeley