Under cover

justa
Banned User

Re: Under cover

GrossPolluter
I don't believe they do just because a station is located near their office.

I know that they hit the high volume shops, shops that are not doing inspections thoroughly

Re: Under cover

smogtech19
yeah I think it does have somthing to do with it they seem very active out in Sac shops get hit over and over untill they close

Re: Under cover

Re: Under cover

Mike
We are creatures of habit
If we arent used to seeing alot of cars fail for visual then it will be easy to overlook a UC car
One of the reasons UC testing isnt fair
I would like to know the percentage of these UC cars that are caught
If its not 7 out of ten is it fair?
70% is passing when I take a test
If 2 out of ten are caught that is not a fair test

Re: Under cover

SMOG 1
hey barrym95838 my question would be would they send a uc car for a suspicious high amount of visual failures?

Re: Under cover

Citation Addict
If anything, those shops probably assist the BAR in setting up the UC cars in exchange for being left alone.

Re: Under cover

Citation Addict
If you are not entering what repairs you did into the analyzer, it probably can. I do that all the time at the TEST ONLY Im at. If I see a simple hose that popped off, I still enter it as a repair simply because I touched it.

Re: Under cover

K20SI
i thougt test onlys are not suppose to enter repairs into the machine whats so ever

Re: Under cover

Re: Under cover

Citation Addict
I enter the fuel caps as a repair, and any simple tampers I fix, such as a hose that pops off.

Re: Under cover

FiendFX
I had always enter No on repairs. No problems.

Re: Under cover

SoCaL92626
If you challenge BAR and make them look stupid, they will focus on YOU and only YOU.
They will make it their goal to put you out of business.
If they get a lot of complaints about you, they will send you UC's.
If your a high volume shop, they will send you UC's.
Did I say if you defy BAR they will send you UC's?

Re: Under cover

Re: Under cover

Mark