VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

His_Stigness
Uhh not really sure what to do, if anything. I entered the test group into the OIS and it didn't say it was wrong. But by the VIN (and everything else) it's a 2007.

We've only been doing the emissions label for a few weeks, so maybe this is normal on some cars and I never paid attention before?

Re: VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

defective
Could be a different hood.  I wouldnt enter the EFN if the year doesnt match.  First efn digit is the year and same as VIN 10th digit.  Look around, there may be a vin label on the hood too.

Re: VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

defective
Just got a 2010 with a 2009 label haha.  Some socket marks on the hood hinge bolts, so it was most likely replaced.

Re: VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

body panels get changed always verify vin off the affixed & permanent labeling , like the one on the dash

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:00 PM His_Stigness [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Uhh not really sure what to do, if anything. I entered the test group into the OIS and it didn't say it was wrong. But by the VIN (and everything else) it's a 2007.

We've only been doing the emissions label for a few weeks, so maybe this is normal on some cars and I never paid attention before?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/VIN-says-2007-Emissions-Label-says-2006-tp5082584.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: VIN says 2007, Emissions Label says 2006

His_Stigness
I did verify every VIN on the car, including the sticker on the fender, everything matched.

The label for this one was on the radiator support, and it didn't look changed. Also, the OIS accepted the test group without any issue, so whatever. Just thought it was weird since it didn't look like a body shop job.