WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

timsmog
Customer come in with 2012 toyota prius, and i'm try to hook up the dad system and there no power, no light on dad. So, i was thinking about the fuse but to be sure i hook up the obd2 scanner and it has power Reconnect with DAD system still no power. Then i turn on the power button on dad unit but then computer say no power at DLC connector. Have any of you guy experience this?

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

No One
did your system not come with a battery cable that hooks the DAD system??

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

timsmog
No !! i bought this shop 2 years ago and it only has usb cable and power cable for dad. Do you have a picture of the cable ? Where can i get one? Thank you for your reply.

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

smog frogposter
timsmog wrote
Customer come in with 2012 toyota prius, and i'm try to hook up the dad system and there no power, no light on dad. So, i was thinking about the fuse but to be sure i hook up the obd2 scanner and it has power Reconnect with DAD system still no power. Then i turn on the power button on dad unit but then computer say no power at DLC connector. Have any of you guy experience this?
When the OIS prompts you about the no power at DLC connector you continue with the inspection by submitting yes and it will start to communicate using the DAD's own battery.

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

Unit may not be wireless and needs a remote power sourceĀ

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020, 2:20 PM timsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Customer come in with 2012 toyota prius, and i'm try to hook up the dad system and there no power, no light on dad. So, i was thinking about the fuse but to be sure i hook up the obd2 scanner and it has power Reconnect with DAD system still no power. Then i turn on the power button on dad unit but then computer say no power at DLC connector. Have any of you guy experience this?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/WORLD-WIDE-DAD-SYSTEM-tp5079485.html

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

timsmog
Thank you ! I will try next time!

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Did WW even make a system or is a Drew or Smog Daddy?

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

Did WW even make a system or is a Drew or Smog Daddy?
World Wide makes their own and it is the best wireless system I've used and much faster than the DREW DAD (wired).

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

Did WW even make a system or is a Drew or Smog Daddy?
World Wide makes their own and it is the best wireless system I've used and much faster than the DREW DAD (wired).
Interesting. Been renting the DAD from esp and now feel like buying the system since I would have had it purchased by now with all the monthly payments. Im happy with drew so far. You have tried both systems, NONE?

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

none
No One wrote
 You have tried both systems, NONE?
I've used all three. I BETA tested Applus SmogDaddy and World Wide and I bought a DREW DAD also and built my own system with it. I currently have the Applus and Drew and I prefer the Applus. I did not buy the WW at the end and Applus pretty much gave me the SmogDaddy.

Here is my review of each;
#1 Applus Smog Daddy. It has a long 16' ODDII cable and is consistently twice as fast on the obd portion of the test as the DREW. The OBDII cable is half the price to replace and holds up better. The other cable is a standard USB cable. I haven't had a cable go bad yet but I did have a problem that I thought was a bad cable and when I called they said to unplug all the cables, reconnect, and retry the self test. That was over a year ago and it's still working fine.

#2 DREW DAD. I like that you can buy just the DAD and set up your own system and the customer service is great. They will help you get it all set up. I really like the "Technician's Helper" for printing out readyness test results. I think their cables are crap and too expensive and the DAD is slooow. The buetooth quit pretty early on but that may be an easy fix. I just don't know computers that well and since the range was so poor I didn't care.

#3 World Wide. This one is number one if wireless is important to you. It has great range. It is fast on the OBDII communication part too. I didn't like that it was all their system and you can't change out much and it was expensive. I felt like W/W customer service was poor too.

If I were you I would see how much it is to buy your ESP system out right. I rented my ESP GEN3 for several months before I bought it and part of the monthly rent goes toward the purchase price. It may be the same way with the DAD.

The speed of the computer affects how fast fast it starts when you click on the "Perform Inspection" icon to when you can scan your badge but it doesn't seem to be the determining factor on the time it takes to do the OBDII part of the test.

The speed of the computer affects how fast fast it starts when you click on the "Perform Inspection" icon to when you can scan your badge but it doesn't seem to be the determining factor on the time it takes to do the OBDII part of the test.
i own a wireless smog daddy and love it zero problems i have replaced the micro usb cable ordered it on amazon under 10 bucks. no issues with the provided obd cables and it has long range

Re: WORLD WIDE DAD SYSTEM?

No One wrote
[...]

Im content with my esp dad system. Would actually like to get a better computer than what esp provides. Maybe I can buy the dad system at a discounted price and return just the PC?

And thnx for your review, NONE. Really appreciate it.