WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

iha

WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

iha
WW installed the 3rd NOX sensor in 14 months. Called at 8 and they were here by 2. Upgraded from Dial up to Ethernet. I have the old bench so my reboots are not affected. BEWARE, if the system detects no internet connection "ISP down" then it reverts to a dial up connection which is no longer hard wired.

Re: WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

locopoco
I'm glad you were able to do that,and I have couple of questions if you don't mind.
Are you running on Win 7 ? Can you elaborate as to how much did it cost?

The tech was here last month and he told me WW doesn't upgrade just the Ethernet card,they upgrade the bench too so the whole thing would cost 9K.

I know there is an incentive for everyone in the WW to sell us the whole machine ,but if I could just upgrade the card I would jump on it in a second.

I and many other WW owners in limbo will appreciate .
iha

Re: WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

iha
I am not sure that are situations are the same. About a year ago my WW 5000 Platinum took a dump and I was looking at $5000 for a rebuilt bench vs $15K > for a new WW 5000 with a 5 year warranty. My new WW running Windows 7 came with a modem and the previous bench that neither WW or ESP use any more. They both went to a different manufacture. Under warranty there is no cost for the upgrade to Ethernet.

Re: WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

locopoco
Thanks man,appreciate it.

Re: WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

real quick can you check your date of manufacture i tryed to get a response from ww with no luck. they gave me some guys number at ww that kept going to voice mail left him a message and he never called back
iha

Re: WW 5000 UPGRADE TO ETHERNET

iha
Basic, I am confused.. why the manufacture date... January 2017.