Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

MikesFB6
So a new shop that I'm working at had an audit and got a violation because the EVAP machine has a station license number from the previous owner (bought used) We tried all day Friday to switch license numbers within the machine to no avail, we even watched the DVD that came with the machine. We called numerous phone numbers but nobody could give us a clear answer. If anybody knows the process and can help out that would be great! Thanks

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Did you get a bill of sell?
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

MikesFB6 wrote
Have you registered it with OPUS yet? Last time I bought a used Delphi evap machine I had to register with OPUS. It was a 2-3 day process.

They said they do have one, who would they contact? I called all the hotline numbers, worldwide, opus, and the guy that did the audit said they don't do that.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

MikesFB6
I was on the phone with them Friday and they just said somebody's supposed to come out and they will let us know. So pretty much we cant do it ourselves? Somebody needs to come out.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

Opus registered it with my station # though. When I called the BAR and they instructed me to call OPUS. Call the 1-800-952-5210 and tell them the problem and see wtf they say.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

 The guy doing the Audit could have done it. He removed my old SPX machine. You sure some one didn't piss them off?

 It could be also a "We have the POWER, don't mess with us."

 Are you down?
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

 It could be also a "We have the POWER, don't mess with us."

What power? They aren't above the law.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

Little
had a gas audit a while back.. the audit inspector helped me transfer station number on my waekon , he only made a note of it on the inspection report .Took about 2minutes.
On the waekon go to transfer owner and begin transfer
then on the Gen 3 go to Station Manager Functions and do the EVAP tester record purge
you can always call ESP if its not working

 No One, Straight from two PR 1 "It is our sandbox, we make the rules."
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

WealdstoneRaider
When you call Opus you tell them that you bought a used delphi and need to switch the ard # on it.  Then they'll have you do an upload on it after a few minutes.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

MikesFB6 wrote
So a new shop that I'm working at had an audit and got a violation because the EVAP machine has a station license number from the previous owner (bought used) We tried all day Friday to switch license numbers within the machine to no avail, we even watched the DVD that came with the machine. We called numerous phone numbers but nobody could give us a clear answer. If anybody knows the process and can help out that would be great! Thanks
There is a menu item that gives the option of transferring the ownership. I haven't tried going any further though just yet.

I just checked and mine has the wrong station number too.

It seems like it wouldn't matter anymore since it goes through the GEN 3 machine. Did you get a citation or just a correctable "write up"?

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

MikesFB6 wrote
So a new shop that I'm working at had an audit and got a violation because the EVAP machine has a station license number from the previous owner (bought used) We tried all day Friday to switch license numbers within the machine to no avail, we even watched the DVD that came with the machine. We called numerous phone numbers but nobody could give us a clear answer. If anybody knows the process and can help out that would be great! Thanks
same happened to me, i believe i just called opus it wasnt a big deal it happen pretty often. its a correctable write up. after you done snap a picture and fax it to them with any-other corrections they asked of you. i was missing a cap and had to send them the receipt they unlocked me the following day

Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Did you get a bill of sell?
why would this even matter?

Re: Waekon LPFET station license # transfer?

Best Answer I Can Give
Maybe if you had a "Bill of sell" from the shop it came from, they might cut you some slack.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.