What happens after a citation?

Able
Do you automatically lose STAR for a year after a citation from a UC? plus a fine of course and need of an update class?

I'm just curious...wish this never happens to my shop...

Re: What happens after a citation?

Troll
Lose star unless the lawyer is really good, and costly.
Go to the condiment section, and free sample sections at Costco and have dinner,since without Star most and all monies dry up

Re: What happens after a citation?

KeepItReal
Able wrote
Do you automatically lose STAR for a year after a citation from a UC?
No you do not.

216296 and 267538 got a citation and they are still a star station.

This shop got 2 citations while being a star station and they are still a star station.
278721

There are alot more star stations with citations that are still star stations

Re: What happens after a citation?

Best Answer I Can Give
 The shop does not. The tech does.

Re: What happens after a citation?

I was under the impression that there is no such thing as a "STAR" tech, only a technician who may or may not be entered into a "STAR" station's machines without screwing the station, based on his or her FuPR score.

Re: What happens after a citation?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Know a guy, a friend, he missed a Chev. Air Pump. @ 6 months ago. He is going thru this. He will lose his score\Will not be able to do STAR cars for a year. Shop will pay a fine and still be STAR. The shop may have other STAR guys. Just the one who missed the vehicle will have a 0.0 score.

Re: What happens after a citation?

My Name is Nobody
Able wrote
Do you automatically lose STAR for a year after a citation from a UC? plus a fine of course and need of an update class?

I'm just curious...wish this never happens to my shop...
I have good news for you and I know you guys don't have lot of time, to make it easy for you guys.

Start watching the attached link at:

1:03 thru 1:06 and
1:20:30  thru 1:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgg2OtoIgK0

Re: What happens after a citation?

Able wrote
Do you automatically lose STAR for a year after a citation from a UC? plus a fine of course and need of an update class?

I'm just curious...wish this never happens to my shop...
I'll let you know soon.

I will let my STAR go before I will let my employee go.

Re: What happens after a citation?

The BAR God's are proposing new regulations that would
affect short term measures based on doing an OIS DAD Test "too" fast.
That was part and parcel the whole idea of OIS DAD Testing,
to "potential savings of Time And Money" to the consumer.

Re: What happens after a citation?

kfworry
Hell, from now on I'm going to clock in an OIS DAD car and "milk it" for 10 to 15-minutes.

Re: What happens after a citation?

D Rochells 150861
Then there will be a metric for people spending 15 minutes on a test with no keystrokes. We can't win.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: What happens after a citation?

Kriss Vector

Re: What happens after a citation?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Again what they "Feel" or what the 90% do it in?

 What they don't get is, the High shop's are set up do a lot. The shop that is happy with 5 a day, how fast are they going to do them.
The shop that pays by the piece verses the paid by the hour.

Re: What happens after a citation?

kfworry wrote
Hell, from now on I'm going to clock in an OIS DAD car and "milk it" for 10 to 15-minutes.
I noticed though that at 1:11 he was talking about start time to start time. He mentioned 3 minutes. My average time when I look on the OIS report page is 5 minutes but that isn't start to start it is just start to finish. I am sure even when I am busy my start to start is closer to 10 minutes anyway.

Re: What happens after a citation?

Thick6
the BAR tells the consumers that an OIS smog can be done in 8 minutes including paperwork. A seasoned tech shouldn't be penalized for already knowing where to find all the smog parts. Time should not have any factor in FPR and FPR should be abolished because it discriminates against techs in low income and rural areas.

Re: What happens after a citation?

I don't know what my average time for OIS is, but I'm pretty sure that it's more than five minutes.  Hell, checking tires on every car while it's communicating and looking up aftermarket cats on what seems to be about 75 mother-f*ing % of them usually takes me longer than that right there.  I can't escape from the constant barrage of aftermarket cats ... it's like an epidemic over here!

Re: What happens after a citation?

none
What I seem to be getting a lot of lately is Magnaflow cats on cars from Truckee and Tahoe that are so rusted I can't read the numbers and cats covered in mud that I spend as much time jacking up the car and cleaning the cat as I do with the rest of the test.

Re: What happens after a citation?

Think of the dichotomy? A consumer agency that should make the process fast and simple. A grading system that says it can only be SO fast?

Re: What happens after a citation?

D Rochells 150861
Well it is a consumer agency that enables criminals and has yet to come up with a reliable way to kick them out of the system, lower your expectations.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: What happens after a citation?

KeepItReal
My Name is Nobody wrote
I have good news for you and I know you guys don't have lot of time, to make it easy for you guys.

Start watching the attached link at:

1:03 thru 1:06 and
1:20:30  thru 1:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgg2OtoIgK0

The guy in the video seems to really believe that the FPR is a reflection on the quality of smog checks preformed.

I have a hypothetical question on the FPR,

Lets say the BAR designed robots to preform smog checks. The robots are able to do a visual inspections and able to drive the cars on the dyno. And all the smog shops had to buy this amazing robot.
This is the question. Since all the robots have the exact same program, and all of the smog checks in California will be preformed exactly the same way, will all of the robots have the same FPR score?

The answer is no.

Even if all of the smog checks in California were preformed exactly the same way, there will be some techs with a score of 0.0 and others with .99.

12