What happens if you put NA for a MIL equipped OBD1 car?

What happens if you put NA for a MIL equipped OBD1 car?

StarTech
My buddy (he’s a newer tech) had a late 80s Ford van in and he selected Not Applicable for the MIL. He asked me what would happen since he realized his mistake after the test.  I didn’t really have an answer for him besides write down that it did have one and it worked properly or if possible, (although annoying on an older car like that) to test it again with the appropriate selection.

But to be honest I doubt anything will happen.. I mean bar is letting those guys that Smog cars at 2 am pass vehicles without doing timing/ evap/ fuel caps.. doubt they’d do anything for a simple mistake like that?

Re: What happens if you put NA for a MIL equipped OBD1 car?

none
I am sure nothing will happen BUT I would tell him to SLOW DOWN and double check all his entries. His next one may cost him a lot of money and maybe even his job.

Re: What happens if you put NA for a MIL equipped OBD1 car?

Excellent response, none.

Re: What happens if you put NA for a MIL equipped OBD1 car?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Perfect response. Not one of us, INCLUDING the BAR can be perfect 100% of the time.