What is the justification for ETF fees?

planters
Why are we paying hundreds of dollars a month in these so called electronic transmission fees?

The inspection report or VIR gets submitted to the state database via the internet.
And the smog station owner pays for the internet, at no cost to the state.
So why are we being charged approx. a dollar for every inspection report?

Imagine if your ISP charged you a dollar for every 200kb (the average size of a VIR) you downloaded
from the internet. It would cost you at least a hundred bucks just to watch a 5 minute Youtube video!

Re: What is the justification for ETF fees?

No One
If this state could tax you for the sun rising and setting, it would.

Re: What is the justification for ETF fees?

Technician A
Same reason why the cert is $8.25

Re: What is the justification for ETF fees?

dcf1ver
planters wrote
Why are we paying hundreds of dollars a month in these so called electronic transmission fees?

The inspection report or VIR gets submitted to the state database via the internet.
And the smog station owner pays for the internet, at no cost to the state.
So why are we being charged approx. a dollar for every inspection report?

Imagine if your ISP charged you a dollar for every 200kb (the average size of a VIR) you downloaded
from the internet. It would cost you at least a hundred bucks just to watch a 5 minute Youtube video!
Raise your labor rate by $2.00.

You win.