What is this

138541

2012 toy highlander
After 3rd cat

Re: What is this

The pictures aren't super-detailed, but I'll throw out a guess that we're finally getting a glimpse of the elusive "turbo encabulator".

Re: What is this

sorry couldn't resist , hard to tell with the small pictures. are you talking about the hose going to the exhaust

Re: What is this

Re: What is this

Re: What is this

Fucker.... I actually googled it... lol

Re: What is this

Looks like Toyota's HC absorbing catalyst. I'll post some more of what I'm talking about when I have time.

Re: What is this

Re: What is this

Label did not show any other smog equipment.
This was a hybrid if that makes a difference

Re: What is this

Al wrote
Fucker.... I actually googled it... lol
oh wow! mr.berry smog wiz and master troll level, i wouldn't have checked i did think though ill come back to it later and do some research. sometimes looking something up ends up taking 5-45min depending on how interesting the Wikipedia page is. mr berry

Re: What is this

Kevin
The pictures really suck what is it possible that is a downstream in went for the air injection system for the catalyst

Re: What is this

I have been told that it is a stock heat exchanger, used to reduce the time to closed loop by supplying warm coolant to the cylinder head.  It doesn't seem that it would be as efficient as the "thermos" method used on the earlier Prii, which stores heat even when the engine is stopped, but I wasn't there at the engineering meeting when it was apparently decided that this was the best strategy.

Re: What is this

scanner
barrym95838 wrote
I have been told that it is a stock heat exchanger, used to reduce the time to closed loop by supplying warm coolant to the cylinder head.  It doesn't seem that it would be as efficient as the "thermos" method used on the earlier Prii, which stores heat even when the engine is stopped, but I wasn't there at the engineering meeting when it was apparently decided that this was the best strategy.
That section of pipe runs almost $1600.    Looks like you can service the coolant valve separately.

Re: What is this

Re: What is this