What to do with unused 2nd bay

wretched
This post was updated on .
Hey forum members.Anybody here own a test only with a second unused bay with no dividing wall?What is allowed by BAR as a side supplemental business or as a sublease to another business besides DMV registration service.?Examples(alarm/stereo/tint/muffler/detail/oil change/AC service)Any one on here with such an existing situation?Any suggestions?

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

Best Answer I Can Give
 More info would be nice.

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

wretched
Well.I'm looking to purchase a test only that has one unused bay.I would like to sublease or use for myself the second bay.What will BAR allow as add-on to test only business without crossing the line into auto repair category?Any suggestions?

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

Ser Dan
I worked for a guy that sold used tires out of his second unused bay
he made stupid money

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

eaglealum
Does that require a BAR permit/license for anything? Or did he run it out of the same business?

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

 Where you at? No or So. Lots of money making ideas.

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

Ser Dan
Don't know the logistics behind it but I don't think he needed another license
As with anything business related due diligence is needed and you should do your own research
just an idea...

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

xcinlb
You may need to check with the landlord as well, they may not allow subleasing. My landlord doesn't allow that and no repairs permitted either, written in lease. Maybe detail shop? But I'm seeing more and more mobile shops that just work out of their truck and avoid the high rents.

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

Best Answer I Can Give
 Check your E mail.

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

wretched
Thank you all for the replies.Besta I did not see anything in my E-mail..I reside in Socal. Funny thing is landlords don't allow for us to convert to repair but repair shops are allowed in some auto centers to convert to a STAR test and repair.Test only shops should have exclusive rights to smog where there are multiple tenants...

Re: What to do with unused 2nd bay

Best Answer I Can Give
 Shoot me your number thru this site and I will give you a call. Not here, but thru the E Mail account that is tied to this account.