What would you do?

FiendFX
Out of state vehicles comes with with Kilometers instead of miles on the odometer. Would you enter as NONE?

Re: What would you do?

smogido
Enter as it is...(in kilometers). Do not change it to miles.

Re: What would you do?

I use the Google Km ti Mi calculator once I make sure it is U.S. legal.

Re: What would you do?

Kilometers * 5 / 8 will get you close enough to miles for general purposes (~99% accurate).

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: What would you do?

Ok got curious and looked up the smog manual. According to it, enter as shown. Do not convert km to miles. If odometer cannot be seen, then enter NONE.

Re: What would you do?

smogido
Good.

Re: What would you do?

justa
Banned User

Re: What would you do?

locopoco
^^^^ %100.
Check the car first see if it's U.S legit or not.

Re: What would you do?

Yes.. It's US Federal Certified. Thank you.

Re: What would you do?

justa
Banned User

Re: What would you do?

I like when it reads 80085, happens alot.

Re: What would you do?

smogido wrote
Enter as it is...(in kilometers). Do not change it to miles.
Except on BAR-OIS it asks you to enter the MILEAGE. Just sayin'

I don't want to perjure myself anymore than I already do when I sign a VIR.

Re: What would you do?

FiendFX
none,

As I stated, you must enter what you see on the odometer accord to the smog check manual.

Re: What would you do?

Centralized Smog
On some cars like Gms, there is a button near the dash to switch between km and miles.

Re: What would you do?

Smogtech
the only conversion you can do cc to liter.

Re: What would you do?

none
Smogtech wrote
the only conversion you can do cc to liter.
WTF?  That is about the only conversion I can do in my head.
Actually I can usually do cubic inches to liters in my head too. That is left over from the old smog days.

Re: What would you do?

Cool, I am totally putting "Door is open, release brake pedal to reset..."

Re: What would you do?

none
 I don't care who you are, That's just funny right there. ^^^

Re: What would you do?

Yeah, I use 61 CI per L.  I used to be able to multiply and divide in my head much better than I can now, so I keep a dollar store calculator handy to fill in the blanks on the repair function menus.  Getting old is a bitch.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: What would you do?

smog man
If you can, switch it back to miles. This happens a lot with used car lot cars, bought at a auction. When their looking at them before bidding on them. They will switch it to Kilometers to make it look like it has more miles on it. They will also disconnect sensors, to set a check engine light, to make it look like it has a problem. They do this, so when the next person looks at it. He will bid lower, or won't bid at all on it. The problem is the odometer reading, will be off. The auction always records it in miles. So that's the reading the car lot has on file. I've had few of these come back, Because I smogged it, with it in Kilometers. They can't accept it with the millage that far off, so I have to re smog it.
123