What would you have done?

FiendFX
Vehicle comes in with aftermarket header. The header is legit on the aftermarket database website, however, it doesn't have an E.O. sticker, would you have passed it? Next question, the customer comes back with a printed out E.O. number, would you re-smog it?

Re: What would you have done?

reactor
If you can get the EO# from the welded on tag then that's all you need.

Re: What would you have done?

kfworry
One thing to keep in mind, there are OEM Headers that will not have a CARB EO#.
I.E.: I've seen them on Mustangs.

Re: What would you have done?

The only tag is on the header is the name of the company

Re: What would you have done?

It wasn't OEM. It was aftermarket.

Re: What would you have done?

KeepItReal
FiendFX wrote
Vehicle comes in with aftermarket header. The header is legit on the aftermarket database website, however, it doesn't have an E.O. sticker, would you have passed it? Next question, the customer comes back with a printed out E.O. number, would you re-smog it?
I see a lot those.

I never test them without the EO# stamped on the header or the sticker from the manufacture .

I don't care if they bring a printout from there own computer.

Re: What would you have done?

FiendFX
Yea. i hate situations like this. Customer gets mad, telling me this sht is legal, it passed 2 years ago.

Re: What would you have done?

KeepItReal
FiendFX wrote
Customer gets mad, telling me this sht is legal, it passed 2 years ago.
When they tell me that, I tell them to take it back to the shop that passed it 2 years ago.

Re: What would you have done?

007
Ya, I had one of these today, tag was rusted could not read anything. Custimor cleaned it off really nice, but no EO# and he had paperwork saying it was legal and it passed 2 years ago. I told him we don't smog paperwork and he should take it back where he had it done last time.