Whatever you call that plug.

Best Answer I Can Give
 ALDL, DLC, OBDII Port, what ever, you know the 16 pin thing you plug into to read the OBD.
 Now why is it you grab the end to plug into the vehicle, and Damn, 9 times out of 10, you have it upside down?
Then when you finally get it right, drop it, it flops back to the wrong way?
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Whatever you call that plug.

FiendFX
The trick is to "FEEL" the notch.. Where ever the notch is, that's the bottom part of the connector.

Re: Whatever you call that plug.

fartvalve
I hardly look down there. I always find it by hand.
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Whatever you call that plug.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Fat guy like me??? 99% of the time FEEL. If not mirror time.

 What i was getting at, the plug that you are trying to put in the car, it seems like it is always in your hand backwards.

I see what what you are saying now! Yes, the rigid cable that hates to twist ends up doing whatever it wants!
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Whatever you call that plug.

Mark
New laws in 2017 will mandate the addition of hair around all Data connectors. This is so techs can find them without looking, in the  dark and while drunk.

 And that is why I miss Mark.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Whatever you call that plug.

Hahahha , Mark , you are back!  I was wondering how youre doing , probably a lot better now that you don't have to twist into a pretzel to connect the device to the aldl ! why can't they just be on the dash ,on top of the steering wheel ? even better , on the bumper outside of the car ? Or behind the sideview mirrors ?