Where do we report illegal smogs?

BayAreaSmogTech
phone number? email address?

I wish they didn't remove the shop name where it passed/failed last from vehicle test history. Normally I wouldn't even bother but this customer was such a piece of shit that it definitely deserves a follow up.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

defective
Call your field office?

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Call the field office

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Where-do-we-report-illegal-smogs-tp5076572.html
Al

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Al
Post the info here. Plate,vin and modifications...pics would be great also.

BAR reads this forum.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Newbiesmogtech
Its best to stay out of it and let BAR do their jobs, pointing fingers when you have no proof of anything illegal happening isn't the best choice.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

BayAreaSmogTech
defective wrote
Call your field office?

Gonna Tekashi 69 this guy for sure!

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

BasicTech678
BayAreaSmogTech wrote
defective wrote
Call your field office?

Gonna Tekashi 69 this guy for sure!

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

user7112
Best way to do it is when they come in for a gas audit
Start small talk with the BAR rep then tell him about the shop
You will see results lol
a former boss of mine did that and it worked

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

kfworry
I made a comment in person, to my local BAR Rep, about a STAR Test Only
shop nearby, that Does Not Have an operational Gen 3 BAR 97.
I think my comment fell on Deaf Ears. That shop should
loose STAR For Not having an operational BAR 97.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Evaponly818
I don’t know what is the deal with some of you, couldn’t keep your eyes on your own paper when you were in school? Worried about the star station without a bar-97?? More work for you dummy! I’ve been star for a year now since started working still have not done an asm or tsi ahaha. If you were star before the mandatory gen3 date then they aren’t hassling us. If you became star after and don’t have it then I’m sure they are bugging you about not receiving any calibration records from your shop

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Do you really think it will make a difference?
If anything you will piss off a BAR rep. Why are they trying to do our job.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Do you really think it will make a difference?
If anything you will piss off a BAR rep. Why are they trying to do our job.
agreed

end up getting yourself audited while your at it

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

kfworry wrote
I made a comment in person, to my local BAR Rep, about a STAR Test Only
shop nearby, that Does Not Have an operational Gen 3 BAR 97.
I think my comment fell on Deaf Ears. That shop should
loose STAR For Not having an operational BAR 97.
They failed to update to the new platform?  If that's the case, then yes, they should not be a STAR station.

What's their ARD number?

Snitches get stiches

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

kfworry wrote
286213
Their last BAR97 test was in July.

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Paula Deen
No One wrote
Snitches get stiches
Does it bug you? Clean pipers sticking out for each other?
Ex foodnetwork star, now a dang smog checker

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

No One
Yes, because 1)I got snitched on for doing millions of clean pipes and when the bar showed up to investigate I just denied everything up down left right and then they just went away 2)The bar has a hard time shutting down shops with actual evidence 3)The best they can do is set up a sting that will yield most likely nothing 4)BAR will divert resources from the smog mills that do this as a lucrative means.

WHAT OP SHOULD ACTUALLY DO IS REPORT THE CUSTOMER AND REQUEST THAT THE BAR SUSPEND HIS REGESTRATION UNTIL IT GETS A PASS AT THE REFEREE. I think going after the consumer is the best way to go about it since OP isn't really mad at the other shop but at the customer.

" Normally I wouldn't even bother but this customer was such a piece of shit that it definitely deserves a follow up"--Bayareasmogtech

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

Jones
We have a whistle blower in smog community. Thanks Trump.
TimeOut

Re: Where do we report illegal smogs?

No One
This guy just cant get a break.