Where is that litle kid?

justa
Banned User

Re: Where is that litle kid?

Karupt
You sound very sure that the DAD will not work. It sounds simple enough to work,

Re: Where is that litle kid?

justa
Banned User

Re: Where is that litle kid?

kfworry
I have a report that shows over 79,000 vehicles, 1996 and newer, failed emissions
and NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON, in calendar year 2011.
Is it possible John Wallauch saw the problem and spoke-up against DAD??
Is that why he retired all of a sudden?? We may never know.

Re: Where is that litle kid?

just another shop owner wrote
DAD is already being beat in other States.

 How many cars have you failed for gasses and the check engine light is not on?

 Wallauch told a group of guys it has a 20% flaw rate.

 IT ONLY LOOKS AT O2
     This one flaw is one we brought up many times but Sherri said the number of cars that were failing tailpipe without triggering light was minimal.  Yeah right!

Re: Where is that litle kid?

kfworry
Correction, It was just over 70,000, NOT 79,000, vehicles that failed tailpipe
and NO CEL, in 2011.

Re: Where is that litle kid?

Karupt
  That is arĂȘte high number.

Re: Where is that litle kid?

Joeinpb

Re: Where is that litle kid?

007
Was talking with the ESP guy today and he told me that the DAD devices have to be re certified every year and if they don't pass they can not be used. The other interesting thing is he said that this is the first time that in the law, the BAR can cancel the DAD program anytime it chooses to do so. Which makes the equipment companies nervious. The other states that use the DAD have no where near the cars that California has, so there is a lot of uncertainty, if it will work and be effective on this large of a scale. There is probably more cars in the LA area,then all the cars in any other state that is using this program.