Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

ozzey
How many EI techs have their A/C certification? The place where I am currently employed has no certified and management would like for one of us to get our A/C license.

I am interested and would like more information on getting training and certification but only know that ASE offers the exams. I know nothing about diagnosing or repairing A/C systems, I would appreciate it if any techs could point me in the right direction on getting more info such as training in the So. Cal area would be great.

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

I'm a certified ASE Master, so I allegedly know enough to be competent in many areas, including A/C.  To be brutally honest with y'all, I wouldn't trust myself to do many of the things for which I'm "qualified".  I'm supposed to go in for my Lamp Adjuster license exam tomorrow morning, so I'll be cramming late into the night.  I over-did it for some friends and family today, and my left leg is killing me.  I hope I can still walk into the test center.  Front pads and rear pads and rotors on a Camry, left front axle and wheel bearing on a RAV4, front pads on an Esteem, thermostat on a Civic, noise diagnostic on an MDX, vibration diagnostic on a Buick something-or-other ... I need help for my addiction.

[Edit:  oh yeah!  I can't believe that I forgot to mention the R & R water pump and serpentine belt on that same Camry!  My leg feels better after a few hours of sleep ... now I have a few hours of cramming left before I head over to Rancho Cordova.]

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Just the Facts

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Best Answer I Can Give
 When I first started on this site I got a Education.

 LOOK ON THE WEB.

 Now when I try to find something out I LOOK ON THE WEB.

 I tell people when they get a code, LOOK IT UP ON THE WEB.
I had a guy who knows very little about OBDII. Fixed a Evap code, reset monitors, all by reading it off the WEB

 Fact man gave you the answer, it said get it off the WEB

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

I think my certification is through MACS. I took the test when it first came out and was in college. I did it for my parents European auto repair shop.

The funny thing is that my cert number is also my social security number. I bet they don't do it that way anymore.

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Smogtech
Community college. I got it when I took the AC course.  The cert never expired

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Kevin
what your looking for is a certification that makes you compliant with the current 609 regulations
try the mobile air conditioning society or ASE. now the big miss conception is that the ASE A7 certifies you to purchase and work on AC systems IT DOES NOT. there is a separate test from ase that can be taken for this certification. the ASE A7 is just a cert that shows you have the ability to work on and diagnose the common problems with the mobile sysytems. call ASE or MACS and they will mail you the test book its easy and open book test. when i teach this cousre. my final exam is this cert if the student cant pass an open book test they dont need to work on AC

yes i have all 3 certifications

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Kevin
i'll admit i am a certification slut if there is one out there i have it, when i was a dealer technician it paid extra for each one you had above your base pay

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Yeah, but it wasn't pretty: 78 out of 99,  with 69 and above being a pass.  Fukkit, it's for my résumé, not anything else.

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

Centralized Smog
Smogtech wrote
Community college. I got it when I took the AC course.  The cert never expired
Same here. First day of class, teacher hands us a certificate and says now you're legal to work on ac. This was many years ago.

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??

I did much better on my brake adjuster exam this morning: 94 out of 100.  I didn't have to mark or read any of the questions more than once, and I just got a much better all-around feeling compared to the lamp exam five days ago.  I can't be sure it was due to my different experience levels regarding the subject matter, or if it was just that the subject matter experts writing the lamp exam weren't as competent as the ones writing the brake exam ... probably a little of both ...

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning certification??