Who should be fixing the problem?

Best Answer I Can Give
 The missing GM air pump thing really bothers me. NEVER SHOULD OF HAPPENED.
The BAR was able to do what they did because of a FLAW in the program. AQMD missed it, AND WE PAY?

 The pump is GONE. Where is the continues monitor?

 The Ford Mustang thing I saw. EGR GONE Missing, Not there. Where was the continues monitor?

 By removing a Emission Components a PART THAT SHOULD BE MONITORED. If the BAR can do it there must be a flaw. If the BAR can do it, so can the public.

 People it has a FLAW straight from the day it was made. Those who put the FLAW in, MAKE THEM FIX THE DAMN FLAW.

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Systems like the EGR, EVAP and Air Injection are not compatible with the continuous monitor strategy, since they don't typically operate continuously while the engine is running.  One that I would like to see is a continuous PCV monitor ... we should be able to get a lot of easy fails and easy repairs from that one, and the UC guys would have to work a bit harder too.

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Continuous Monitor? What does that mean. Maybe that is the problem.

 To me if it has to do with how it can help a person breath\ was it put on the make the vehicle run clean, it should be monitor. "Hey are you there?" Has it been removed?

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

I wouldn't mind the ECM doing a quick fire up of things to make sure they are there. The whole monitor system and it's execution is a failure in my opinion though. So many ways to cheat it, headaches for the customers, etc.

BAR actually makes our jobs easier once you don't give a damn anymore. The UC's are easy to spot, it is annoying because they are unrealistic. You have to ignore your experience a little bit and check for something only a caveman would try to slip past you. Same goes for the tuner cars, but then there are usually so many things wrong we are not making enough money per inspection to waste our time finding them and then arguing  with the customer about it.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

INLANDSMOG
D wrote
I wouldn't mind the ECM doing a quick fire up of things to make sure they are there. The whole monitor system and it's execution is a failure in my opinion though. So many ways to cheat it, headaches for the customers, etc.

BAR actually makes our jobs easier once you don't give a damn anymore. The UC's are easy to spot, it is annoying because they are unrealistic. You have to ignore your experience a little bit and check for something only a caveman would try to slip past you. Same goes for the tuner cars, but then there are usually so many things wrong we are not making enough money per inspection to waste our time finding them and then arguing  with the customer about it.
You just need to be observant, open the damn hood and do a complete inspection. it's a NO BRAINER!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

D Rochells 150861
Ok, but if the only people removing AIR is BAR then it is not a useful UC. In 12 years I have seen one actual customer have a missing AIR system. The other times it was because the label was wrong due to hood/ piece of plastic being swapped out.

That's what I mean by your experience can burn you, or you are going to fast due to the shitty working conditions that we experience due to BAR's mismanagement of the whole program.

And STAR proves we make mistakes, and we can correct those mistakes with positive feedback, stop wasting tax money catching sloppy techs.

Remember, no one gets a license without BAR. This is Jerry Springer crap, if the techs are bad it is BAR's fault.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Inland and D are right.
When I was nailed PLAIN OUT LAZY.

 The problem and what it goes back to was what D is getting at. BAR can do what it does because BAR uses things that AQMD got LAZY not checking.

 My Point? If BAR can fool the system by removing a Pump AKA fooling the system, so can the outside world.

 We are getting FUCKED in the ass because some outfit higher up the chain did not do the job they were paid to do. We suffer for there NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.

 BAR has not done it's job. If it did a shop could NEVER clean plug a vehicle.

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

D Rochells 150861
This I why I don't think anyone should smog alone. People do make mistakes, if people didn't make mistakes we would not need a smog program. When people make mistakes we need to address why they made the mistake. Making mistakes is also how humans learn. Humans respond to positive feedback much better than scare tactics. Taking money away from people who don't make much to begin with is not going to teach them much and will cause the relationship to suffer.

I've trained many, many techs. And many of them should not have been given a license, this is why I know I am right and BAR is the source of most of it's own problems. No one at BAR interviews potential license holders, and they let the cracker jack license mills keep pumping these guys out. And then they blame the shop owners for hiring them, what a mess.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Problem with your thinking D is, How many worthless people work at places like the AQMD and these type of mistakes get made.

 The mistake started the day those in charge said "GOOD TO GO"

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

D Rochells 150861
Were would useless people work if not the government? Isn't that what it's there for?
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Best Answer I Can Give
 The problem with the perception of a Government workers is that they DON'T.

 There is never a reason to work HARD. TAKES A FUCKING ACT OF CONGRESS TO FIRE A PERSON.

 I was not a Government worker. Worked with a bunch. But not this Fat Boy. The worse thing is the Laziest SOB is now a Stupid Visor. Fucking promote because it is easier to promote than FIRE.

1\3 of the workers do 100% 1\3 do 66% 1\3 do 33%. Fire the 33%ers  the 66% would fall in line.

 Pride has a lot to do with it. I was paid a good wage. I did a good job.

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/AirCheckVirginia/ForMotoristsVehicleOwners/UnderstandingOBDMonitors.aspx

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Continuous Monitor? What does that mean. Maybe that is the problem.
wow

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

 So I read it. Still doesn't explain to me how something VERY BASIC got PERVERTED.

 OBD II stuff was very basic. The laws were very basic. DLC no more than 18 inches LEFT of the steering column. That's why the State sent out a Disc, books were printed. WASTE WAS MADE, because a simple rule was bent and BYPASSED.

 NO FUCKING NO, should have come out of the AQMD. IT IS NOT HOW IT WAS TO BE Fix it!

 Fucking drive cycles. Simple. No, how many post about drive cycles?

 We should LEARN. Hell the OIS computers are nothing but a bunch of Data Collectors. Clean plugging by now should be a thing of the past.

 We take it up the butt because the very Gem Stone, the Reason for OBD II got perverted.
OBD II was to make it easier, not harder.

 Vehicle starts up. Did it get hot? Yes, no light. No Light on. Start at the basic's Heat and Voltage. EVERY FRICKIN TIME IT STARTS UP.
Continuous Monitor. Roll Call. Every body here? Yes or No. Not, Hey we can cheat.

 The real problem is, we make it simple, we don't need so many people in our KINGDOM.
Rather than standing up to the big boys and telling them you have it wrong, it is just easier to pick on the little guy. This really gets down to one thing. Rules were not followed and we pay the price. NOT THOSE THAT SHOULD!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

... The laws were very basic. DLC no more than 18 inches LEFT of the steering column ...
Actually, from what I have been able to find, it's "within 2 feet (0.61 m) of the steering wheel (unless an exemption is applied for by the manufacturer, in which case it is still somewhere within reach of the driver), but I get your point.

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

D Rochells 150861
It should not be any where near the control mechanisms, that was the most important thing and they screwed it up.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Who should be fixing the problem?

 unless an exemption is applied for by the manufacturer.

 The KEY word here is Exemption

 Back in 1973\74 EPA wanted vehicles to be X Clean. Everyone EXCEPT Honda and Mazda scream, "We can't do it"
Well Mazda and Honda said "WE CAN" Guess what? They now stepped up to the plate. Did what they did not WANT to do.

 They wanted a Exemption.

 This is what it all goes back to/ CALIFORNIA HAD THE POWER What has happened to that power?

 The power to say, "This is not right. FIX IT"

 Yes I know. FOLLOW THE MONEY. We got sold out.