Why the DMV thing.

Best Answer I Can Give
21 DMV's we did . 21 people who left here with a smile on their mug. 21 Happy people that will tell other people. "Hey I got my car done and the Tags. 21 happy people.

     THAT'S WHY.

Re: Why the DMV thing.

21 DMV's we did . 21 people who left here with a smile on their mug. 21 Happy people that will tell other people. "Hey I got my car done and the Tags. 21 happy people.

     THAT'S WHY.
I still don't get why you don't charge for it though. The guy near me who does DMV get $25 extra for it.

Re: Why the DMV thing.

Best Answer I Can Give
It's fun to see the different ideas and views. Thanks People.

 Ok this is the way I see it. DMV thing is a "Leader". It is a reason for them to come to my shop and not the other guy.
 I do them at $13. Right next to my cost. I think we see $2 and that doesn't count the paper work and mailing.

 I don't know what Peter charges for his stuff, but this is ours.
Normal Check $57 with Cert. $13 makes it $70.
I can charge more, and the people will come in and pay more, so they don't have to hassle the DMV. But how many will I lose at the higher price for the DMV.
My thinking is and I try to put myself in the customers shoes, it's "Well that's a lot, but don't hassle the DMV, I'M IN.
I want them in on the higher price check. Not the higher price DMV Fee. DMV, AAA is FREE why pay the $25. Mail it off. Do the computer thing. Cost of a stamp. Free on the computer.

 I see people as thinking about one charge and the ease of getting Tags at the same time.
The "Word of Mouth" thing. People forget the "Cost" when they don't have the DMV HASSLE.
They come in and are DONE. No hassle.

 My thinking? Get them in on the ease of the tags, hit them up on the cost of the check.

 We did 41 certs.

 To tired to do the math. Maybe I'm wrong but the way I see it is. People will pay more, just so they don't have to put up with the DMV hassle and will tell a friend. Yes it was not cheap, BUT I GOT MY TAGS.

 I also tell the people flat out that I make no money on this deal. We do it to make their life easier.
Back to the old taste thing. The taste they have when they leave. WOW I got my car done, TAGs and it was NOT A HASSLE. That good taste they have when they leave.
 I got money for something they could have done for free.  PLUS THEY WILL TELL ANOTHER PERSON Another person that may come to your shop.
If one quarter of those 21 we did yesterday. One quarter of those, send some one new, that's 5 new people that will be at your shop.

 You need a reason for them to go to your shop, not the other guy. Mines the DMV thing.

 NOW if you SUCK at paper work, or don't have someone that is good at the counter and doing your part of the DMV hassle. FOR GET IT.

Re: Why the DMV thing.

mikesmobile
Many of the customers ask about the tags and "when will I get them". If you can offer them at your shop at cost, that will definitely make an impression and get the customers talking about your shop.
Who likes to go to DMV?
SF has a million people on a given day, and 1 DMV office.
Mike

Re: Why the DMV thing.

smwalker
WHo the heck goes to the DMV for a renewal?  Arent they all done by mail?  Who would go to the DMV if they did not have to?

Re: Why the DMV thing.

Peter
DMV has this self service kiosk. No line no wait

Re: Why the DMV thing.

iha

Re: Why the DMV thing.

iha
What i understand the Kiosk does not update the smog certificate until the following day. "after midnight"
No smog certificate no tags!

Re: Why the DMV thing.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Trust and a HATRED of all things the Government does. That's why.
I fuck up, forget to order new tags, IE run out. Blame it on the DMV, They are doing a audit. The system is down from the DMV. Not one soul has questioned me. Damn DMV. Pile of crap.

 The Kiosk thing is a joke. It doesn't update. I have done Tags and then the people tell me they paid at the Kiosk, but it hasn't refreshed. Now it wants me to collect again.

 IN THE HAND. People want it now. It might not make it thru the mail system. They don't TRUST the DMV to send it.

 They trust the shop they just don't trust the GOVERNMENT.  CAN YOU BLAME THEM?

Re: Why the DMV thing.

Peter
No it not correct. Smogs are update on kiosk and BPA Avrs right way. Yes online renewal is next morning.

Re: Why the DMV thing.

Best Answer I Can Give
 I never said the smog check wasn't updated.
If you try to do a DMV and the have a RDF thru the Kiosk, that is not updated.
We had one where the guy PAID at the Kiosk, it RDFed , came to us, gave us his DMV paperwork, we ran it and it charged the FULL amount again.

 Now do you know if the person can go back to the Kiosk and finish and get the tags?