Withdrawn cats

Evaponly818
Quick question, do you input the EO# for a withdrawn cat if you decide to pass it? 02 Honda Accord 2.3. EO# D-280-100. It was withdrawn 7/31/19. To me it appeared to be installed way longer than that as I was just able to see the EO. So I decided it was good to go and my thinking was put the EO in Incase last tech also put it. Then just added a comment.

Re: Withdrawn cats

No One
Evaponly818 wrote
Quick question, do you input the EO# for a withdrawn cat if you decide to pass it? 02 Honda Accord 2.3. EO# D-280-100. It was withdrawn 7/31/19. To me it appeared to be installed way longer than that as I was just able to see the EO. So I decided it was good to go and my thinking was put the EO in Incase last tech also put it. Then just added a comment.
I always input it and then write in the comments that its been withdrawn and appears to had been installed before the withdrawn date. After that I inform the customer if they don't to appear to total idiots that its important for them to keep this copy of the smog for future references. If they do appear to be total idiots, I don't because they do nothing but waste my time and breath.

Re: Withdrawn cats

Evaponly818
Thanks no one. That is what I put in the comments. Next time I will notify customer to keep that copy Incase they go elsewhere next time

Re: Withdrawn cats

none
I personally don't treat withdrawn or rescinded cats any different than the rest. If its good I pass it. I don't see how they could have purchased it later anyway on it only applies to sale not installation is how I understand it by the ARB page.

Re: Withdrawn cats

I personally don't treat withdrawn or rescinded cats any different than the rest. If its good I pass it. I don't see how they could have purchased it later anyway on it only applies to sale not installation is how I understand it by the ARB page.
I Know a guy who fails them because something  something star score. It is because of him that I write it down and notify the customer incase they go somewhere else.

Re: Withdrawn cats

... I don't see how they could have purchased it later anyway on it only applies to sale not installation is how I understand it by the ARB page.
Affected converters sold on or before their rescission or withdrawal date, are legal for use and installation in California.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermktcat/catrescind.pdf

Re: Withdrawn cats

... I don't see how they could have purchased it later anyway on it only applies to sale not installation is how I understand it by the ARB page.
Affected converters sold on or before their rescission or withdrawal date, are legal for use and installation in California.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermktcat/catrescind.pdf
yea, I know. But his argument was that there are too many incompetent techs who would fail, so in order to prevent others from failing them, he would fail them first before someone else has a chance to affect his score

Re: Withdrawn cats

none
That is a problem for the consumer too that the STAR system has created.

Re: Withdrawn cats

You did everything correct just complete the notes and documented on the repair order to

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Withdrawn-cats-tp5078600.html