WorldWide EVAP update

XXAMM1
Has anyone had WW bar 97 EVAP update done?Has WW charged for it?
  They told us $60.00 for parts and$200.00 for first 1/2 hour labor.
   I know ESP did not charge for update.I feel that is very unfair since it is leased.
   Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

Kevin
We stay away from world wide, but I sure someone has the information your looking for here

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 9:12 AM XXAMM1 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone had WW bar 97 EVAP update done?Has WW charged for it?
  They told us $60.00 for parts and$200.00 for first 1/2 hour labor.
   I know ESP did not charge for update.I feel that is very unfair since it is leased.
   Any feedback is appreciated.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/WorldWide-EVAP-update-tp5077506.html

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

RICHARDCRANIUM
 THEY CHARGE $369.00, HAD MINE DONE YESTERDAY.
Shop owner 21 Years, 36+ year Smog Technician.
Inspector and repair Tech. I began in the BAR 84 platform.
Been current ever since. Momma said I hit my head a lot as a kid!
iha

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

iha
My WW is purchased and under warranty. The evap update was $60.

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

BasicTech678
iha wrote
My WW is purchased and under warranty. The evap update was $60.
hey what contract do you have? i have they 5 year extended warranty statement and im being told i would have to pay 369? any help would be appreciated

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

smog frogposter
The $60 offer was for a select group of stations that had a high enough volume for World Wide to determine if you are eligible for beta testing with their EVAP upgrade in the beginning of November from 2019, however much to everyone's surprise in mid November BAR sent out an ET Blast requiring all stations to upgrade their EVAP units to be compatible with the new software being released on the BAR 97. After the ET Blast World Wide figured they'd take advantage of the requirement and charge an astronomical rate and the $60 offer was nullified.

In regards to your 5 year warranty, according to World Wide it does not cover any software upgrades and only the current software you have on the BAR97 before the upgrade therein but with the right attorneys you may sue for a breach of contract due to the grey area whereas the warranty does not clearly state it does not cover software upgrades.

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

BasicTech678
smog frogposter wrote
[...]

that and they also said it would be bar certified for a min of ten years, thanks for the beta info i guess ill have to bend over and pay. wait this isnt how its supposed to work lol
iha

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

iha
WW kept calling and wanted me in there beta testing for EVAP. I finally agreed when they informed me of the $369 price. I was surprised because I am not a high volume shop but have stayed with WW through  thick and thin!

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

BasicTech678
iha wrote
WW kept calling and wanted me in there beta testing for EVAP. I finally agreed when they informed me of the $369 price. I was surprised because I am not a high volume shop but have stayed with WW through  thick and thin!
got mine done he said he could do it in 30 min and save me 100 got it done for 265

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

dlll
they just came out today to do an update told me of the $369 charge. I said better makes some calls to your boss. I told them the State let you sell the machines in California ,if they make the machine compliant in the event of any updates and will be will be free of charge. They knew in contract that the state wanted the Evap to be able to interface with the new machine. Bottom line I paid for the device of $59.95 that was it. I should have argued more but was not worth the hassle. When i purchased my machine I was told of the update to make the machine interface with the evap they knew it then and know it now. Dont be fooled

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

smog frogposter
dlll wrote
When i purchased my machine I was told of the update to make the machine interface with the evap they knew it then and know it now. Dont be fooled
If you read the warranty agreement and contract, it specifically states that whatever that was said by the sales representative which sold you the equipment initially will NOT reflect a law abiding contract, only what is written in the contract you sign which means they can and will tell you what you want to hear in order to make the sale and later turn around and stiff you. You bring an excellent argument when the whole reason we got the new generation of "high speed" bar 97 with internet capacity is to be compliant with whatever the BAR shoves down our throats.

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

dlll wrote
they just came out today to do an update told me of the $369 charge. I said better makes some calls to your boss. I told them the State let you sell the machines in California ,if they make the machine compliant in the event of any updates and will be will be free of charge. They knew in contract that the state wanted the Evap to be able to interface with the new machine. Bottom line I paid for the device of $59.95 that was it. I should have argued more but was not worth the hassle. When i purchased my machine I was told of the update to make the machine interface with the evap they knew it then and know it now. Dont be fooled
nice u got a better deal than i did. Any one else get charged 69? and who did you guys speak with so we can follow suit and hopefully get reimbursed

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

After two weeks of down, because they forgot to hook up the power cable inside, I finally am updated. Have not did a EIS this year. Oh well I can add that to the seventeen I did last year. Hundreds of OIS so I am keeping my STAR.

Charge More cause we have to take this crap!

Re: WorldWide EVAP update

My ESP Gen3, Mustang dyno and Waekon are still getting a decent workout.  I did 749 EIS inspections last year to go with my 1526 OIS inspections.  45% of the OIS ones were directed, and I'm sure the EIS was at least 70% directed, so my STAR pretty-much doubled my potential inspection volume.  Without a STAR, I still would have been busy polishing turd after turd, assuming I didn't succumb to the urge to swallow a shotgun for lunch.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107