Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

smog frogposter
This post was updated on .
Anybody else experiencing low battery issues on their Worldwide DAD unit when a vehicle's OBDII does not provide power? The DAD device remains on for less than a minute after manually turning it on with the red button on the side before dying and interrupting the static OBDII test phase. Called Worldwide to see if they provide the power adapter that plugs to the side of the DAD device, they wanted a little less than $90 for a 5VDC power wall adapter. Have any of you come across this battery issue yet? Did the wall adapter provide power to satisfy the DAD device, if so which wall adapter did you use? Thank you.

Update:

Apparently you have to replace the internal battery when these things go out, the wall adapter is only used to recharge the battery and not for operational use. Fug.

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

Able
smog frogposter wrote
Anybody else experiencing low battery issues on their Worldwide DAD unit when a vehicle's OBDII does not provide power? The DAD device remains on for less than a minute after manually turning it on with the red button on the side before dying and interrupting the static OBDII test phase. Called Worldwide to see if they provide the power adapter that plugs to the side of the DAD device, they wanted a little less than $90 for a 5VDC power wall adapter. Have any of you come across this battery issue yet? Did the wall adapter provide power to satisfy the DAD device, if so which wall adapter did you use? Thank you.

Update:

Apparently you have to replace the internal battery when these things go out, the wall adapter is only used to recharge the battery and not for operational use. Fug.

im lookming at my unit now and there 4 Philips screw. doesn't look so hard to change the battery, unless it gets more complicated once your inside.

its easy to recharge the battery as well, just have a car running and leave the DAD unit plug in for 15 or more minutes. (unless its not holding a charge anymore)

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

smog frogposter
Able wrote
smog frogposter wrote
[...]

Asked the tech who refurbishes these devices, supposedly you may replace the battery yourself but risk having a static charge and fry the unit or trigger some form of tamper proof device which locks you out from performing inspections due to some type of code you have to input to replace any components inside. Either way, they put the fear of God and adviced to send the DAD unit to their office so a technician can repair it this is something the field technicians normally do not do.

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

Best Answer I Can Give
 Didn't a person post here about the State QA guy come out and look for "Tamper seals"?

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

Didn't a person post here about the State QA guy come out and look for "Tamper seals"?
By "a person" do you mean you? http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/OIS-Seal-td5074983.html

I thought that was somebody just trying to spread fake news... and still is.

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

444O444
i don't think that BAR representatives looking for a tamper seal on OIS devices  My shop got audited several times nobody checked the tamper seal, but I believe as long as it is testing equipment only an authorised techs can open it even for a battery replacement.

Fucking kek!!!

 Damn I'm getting old and forgetful, SORRY. It was not BS I was just passing along what I was told.

Shut it down.

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

Best Answer I Can Give
 State just LOVES the "Anti Tamper tape" Pray they don't look. Pray it never needs service. They see someone has been in it. Watch out.
Maybe WW doesn't have any. I don't thing so. I have 3 units from Drew. Every one has a tape on the unit.

 BAR 84 had a TON of the tape on them.

 If you don't have a tamper detector, then WW, got away with it.

 BAR DOES NOT WANT YOU IN THE STUFF.

Re: Worldwide DAD device battery no charge

Watch for tamper seal

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 2:03 PM smog frogposter [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anybody else experiencing low battery issues on their Worldwide DAD unit when a vehicle's OBDII does not provide power? The DAD device remains on for less than a minute before dying and interrupting the static OBDII test phase. Called Worldwide to see if they provide the power adapter that plugs to the side of the DAD device, they wanted a little less than $90 for a 5VDC power wall adapter. Have any of you come across this battery issue yet? Did the wall adapter provide power to satisfy the DAD device, if so which wall adapter did you use? Thank you.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Worldwide-DAD-device-battery-no-charge-tp5078520.html