Worldwide

Karupt
Does anyone have the new Worldwide ? we just got one installed .Would not calibrate , had to call the techs back .The drove from the Orange county to here , luckily they were able to get it to calibrate so that the BAR would pass us and get us in the system . Thankfully the rep 1 was understanding and kind . Tried to do a smog , more problems . Tech coming tomorrow again .

Re: Worldwide

Iconcur
what issues were you having

Re: Worldwide

I know a guy who had all those problems and more, he was ready to take the loss and buy and ESP.
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
My buddy got the new WW installed running version v1707. This version has a network card installed in lieu of a modem. This software is not ready for prime time. There is no option on the screen to select obd2. Only direct, contact and non-contact! He called WW and is waiting for a return call. My software version is v1401 and is fine. V1707 requires a 30 minute warmup on a reboot. V1401 does not require a warmup on a reboot! At the present time he can smog 1995 and older. WW called and tech forget to turn on obd2 module!

Re: Worldwide

Karupt
IHA , that was the problem ! NO selection for OBD11 , the ww tech has to go in with their password and select yes !
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
Must have been the same technician! Something tells me that WW is on a hiring basis.

Re: Worldwide

Karupt
I have accumalated about 5 aborts and 2 restarts within this first week of having the WW up and running .Be careful with the prompts .For instance there are two screens that ask you if the vehicle is a 4 wd . Do NOt hit yes on the 2nd prompt for that , it will abort you ! The margin to get the car stabilized is considerably lower , feels like 10 seconds instead of the 20 I used to get with the ESP . Good luck and happy smogging ! PS it is considerably faster though , 8 mins for 96 and newer .
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
What version of WW software are you running? Modem or network card interface? Can you reboot without a 30 min warmup? I am on V1401 with a modem interface!

Re: Worldwide

Karupt
Iha, it is a network card. It is wireless . Very fast speed . NO modem . But i have not figured out YET how to shut it down without that PESKY 30 minute warm up ! I am still looking in to it .Please tell me if you figure it out .
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
Maybe BAR forced this requirement on WW and it was implemented with V1707...

Re: Worldwide

Karupt
WW users, IHA try control alt delete . bypass 30 min warm up (?) I can't yet , still calibrating and waiting for the  initial warm up . Try it in training mode . I know i am will get back to you on my findings .

Re: Worldwide

locopoco
I'm a WW owner for 17 years,and The 30 minute warm up has always been there.
I know a trick that it cuts the time significantly but I'm afraid if I share WW will patch it,sorry.

Re: Worldwide

Karupt
Well thanks for NOT sharing ! you could send us the info to our emails if your heart feels so inclined ?
  I just tried a training mode test , went to control-alt-delete ,went to main screen and entered cancel .When i got back to the smog screen , 30 MINUTE WARM UP !   wtH?I am going to have become the master at guessing who's throttle cable linkage is  lose , who's tranny is acting up , who's radiator is going to blow , etc , to prevent the amount of aborts and 30 minute warm up this 20k machine is giving me . insert a turd here .

Re: Worldwide

locopoco
The trick that I was talking about has nothing to do with your kind of problem I guess.
On my machine crtl+del doesn't do anything during the test so it must be something new.

My trick is to cut the time from 30 warm up during calibration days to only 10 minutes.
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
Loco, What version of WW software are you running? Mine is v1401 and my buddy is v1707.

Re: Worldwide

locopoco
kARUPT ,check your Email I hope it works on your version.

My version is V1401.

Re: Worldwide

locopoco
Iha,check your in box,I hope it works.

Re: Worldwide

IHA v 1707 here , LOCOpoco , thank you man ! Any little bit helps .. Merry Christmas fellow techy !

Re: Worldwide

locopoco
Karupt,

If you are not familiar with the machine or if there is any problem beyond your capacity to continue the test ,don't abort it just push the Computer/ Reset button on the back so you don't get dinged by the BAR.

BAR don't care about the abort reason,protect yourself,and merry Christmas to you too.
iha

Re: Worldwide

iha
Works for me but I am not running V1707...
12