Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

justa
Banned User

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

simpleman510
ive seen cars pass OIS ..but would without a doubt fail ASM

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

deviationmaster
you still see people bend the system, OIS was supposed to eliminate it...NOT

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

justa
Banned User

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

none
Given the choice, I would use BAR-OIS. As I've said before, it is easier for me to do tests and run my shop. Before OIS I hardly ever failed a 2000 or newer car for tail pipe readings that had the cat monitor complete. I can't see gearing a program to go after 1/100 of a %

I don't think I have ever failed a 2007 Silverado for NOx.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

The TRUTH, you can't handle the truth! (Jack Nicolson don't ya know!) The truth is OIS is just in time that NO ONE finds out the scam. By the time we realize the increase in HC and NOX we will have another system to loot the public with and plenty of scientists and politicians to back them up. Hell we might have hydrogen cars or electric cars with a decent range.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

locopoco
Honestly!!! I prefer OIS over BAR 97.
The reason for me,less headache,less overhead and faster smogs.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

I've done manual idle test on 4 or 5 OIS vehicles that had high HC and CO.
Whether it's one in a million, it's like clean piping!!
What a joke! !

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

Citation Addict
OIS, gases are expensive, the service contract is expensive, the down time is expensive.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

cosmokramertheassman
For business reasons, I like OIS. For my conscious, earth-liking reasons, BAR-97.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

Karupt
What Cosmo said ! from a business view the OIS , for the pollution control the ASM .

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

none
So are you people saying that a car that pollutes excessively is more likely to pass now than two years ago?

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

FRUSTRATED
From my point of view, tailpipe test is the only way to truly find the polluting vehicles.  That being said, from a convenience and efficiency factor (and screw mother earth) the state approved clean pipe OIS system is the way to go.

Re: Would like a Honest answer, PLEASE.

Smogtech
OIS  no more rx330 , es330 camry, sienna ASM