Wrangler

Smogtech
Any tech experienced with chrysler help out.  2013 3.6l dtc. p2098 post cat fuel trim system too lean.

FF
rpm 880
closed loop
both bank fuel trim total -3 bank 2 -5
11mph
both bank 02 switching normal
smoke test ex system no leak

thanks

Re: Wrangler

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll run it through Direct Hit for you.

Re: Wrangler

Smogtech wrote
Any tech experienced with chrysler help out.  2013 3.6l dtc. p2098 post cat fuel trim system too lean.

FF
rpm 880
closed loop
both bank fuel trim total -3 bank 2 -5
11mph
both bank 02 switching normal
smoke test ex system no leak

thanks
I have never seen that code.

Code indicates that the post cat FT lean. but the FF shows rich.  What's up with that?

Makes you wonder when the FF set.

If I were to do a "Hail Mary", I'd throw a rear O2 sensor at it, and see what happens.

You need to tell the consumer exactly what you see, and that there's no going back if throwing the sensor doesn't fix it.   Tell the consumer how OBDII works.  It had to see a problem 3 drive cycles before the light went on.   You looked at the data, and there's nothing wrong.   Get paid now, and offer to do a code read for free if the light comes back on.  It's just like a smog test.  If you don't charge them now, they may not come back and go elsewhere.

EDIT: It has to see the problem 2 drive cycles before turning on the light.  It has to see 3 consecutive passing drive cycles to turn off the light.

Re: Wrangler

No silver bullets from DH.  I found this, but it's probably stuff you already know:
When Monitored: With the engine running in closed loop, the ambient/battery temperature above -7°C (20°F) and altitude below 8500 ft.
Set Condition: The conditions that cause this diagnostic to fail is when the upstream O2 Sensor becomes biased from an exhaust leak, O2 Sensor contamination, or some other extreme operating condition. The downstream O2 Sensor is considered to be protected from extreme environments by the catalyst. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the downstream O2 Sensor feedback control, called downstream fuel trim, to detect any shift in the upstream O2 Sensor target voltage from nominal target voltage. The value of the downstream fuel trim is compared with the lean thresholds. Every time the value exceeds the calibrated threshold, a fail timer is incremented and mass flow through the exhaust is accumulated. If the fail timer and accumulated mass flow exceed the fail thresholds, the test fails and the diagnostic stops running for that trip. If the test fails on consecutive trips, a DTC is set.

Re: Wrangler

Smogtech
Thank You Barry and scanner.   I found the intake pipe was cracked next the tb. Replaced air intake pipe, ran monitor passed Smog.  I loosen the clamp, drove around under 25 mph.  Ran engine test via scanner and it showed the same code pending.  Resecured the clamp cleared mil.  Ran monitor all completed but evap.

It oddly the fuel trim shows rich condition.

Almost like the ford 5.4l the filter housing seal was torned. Misfired and clean condition code.
Took me a few days to figured it.