Yet another idea.

Banned
In addition to the other ideas I posted, I have another one. Since your scores are based on a percentage, you can boost scores by running BS tests. You could run your own vehicle, everyday for instance. You could fail it for something retarded, like a gas cap, or something visual. If you decide you want to pass it, just call it "military," so no cert is issued, and save the $8.25. Run vehicles that present no problem, over and over. I don't know what they could do about that, except demand the invoice, and discover it was a "no charge." (So do create an invoice.) If they want to play games, there isn't any reason we can't as well.

Re: Yet another idea.

Re: Yet another idea.

Banned
You do spend some extra bucks, but the biggest is probably the SGS test fees, unless you screw with the phone lines occasionally. If we do 10 smogs a day, 1 extra is significant. If we do 20, then you may need 2 bogus tests, instead of one. "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Re: Yet another idea.

Re: Yet another idea.

Banned
This is more than an experiment, it is a fact. The calculations are based on percentages. The more "known good" smogs you run, the less damage from goofy smogs. I did think of one thing extra to add. It may be better to run older than 96, and EVAP testable. Yes I know you lose some Nitrogen, dyno wear, SGS, etc.. Since there are typically far fewer older vehicles tested, you get nailed harder, if you miss the last key stroke, on one of these EVAP testables. I believe the calculation for EVAP is based on the total number of older, or testable cars, not the total number of cars. This would bring up another obvious question. Do they factor in older cars, when calculating the percentage for incomplete monitors, (96 and up?) Not sure about this one. What I have suggested will definitely work. I don't know what they could legally do to stop you. Just have some bogus paperwork, and take the 5th if they start any harassment. Or tell them you would like to consult with someone you know in Sacramento first, and then get back to them. Don't be chicken shits.

Re: Yet another idea.

Citation Addict
You will still be nabbed for incorrect gear selection. It could make the score worse.

Re: Yet another idea.

Re: Yet another idea.

Re: Yet another idea.

 Mike
HOW Pathetic STAR. Is not yet started and you are already thinking ways to cheat the system.. This is whats wrong with the smog program  star not the BAR yes you "banned" and "barry" I can only imagine how many great ideas you had to tweak cars thru and make $$$$ and now complain about low score.

Instead of thinking of great ideas to cheat the system why dont you go with it
Do your job best as possable and if you dont have a good score now hang in there turn your shop into a test and repair and fix cars correctly that i fail ...dont be afraid to get your hands dirty and I bet you will bestar material sooner than later.  But if you start thinking of ways to cheat then u will never be a star
Oops to be a repair shop(test only guys) you may have to invest on diagnostic equiptment and get some diagnostic skills that may be a problem if you cant test cars correctly now fixing to pass will no longer be acceptable cars have to be fixed correctly
Also there has been talk to make the test only smog licence easy to get like a quick 20 hr class and you get it
This will alow the parts stores guys, mcdonald guys, ect to do smogs and believe me they will have many ideas for you, may be you can start your own forum. Now you test only guys will feel i felt when they made it easy for you(no real ASE, no real auto knowledge) how can u compete.   I survived it

Listen to yourselfs "yet another great idea" to cheat a system that is not out yet to catch cheaters. I hope the lawer guy reads this

Re: Yet another idea.

Re: Yet another idea.

karuptrougeouttacontrol
Banned, i know of a gold shield station gthat  was decertified, and needed a certain number of fails and repairs in order to get the gold shield cert back and were coming to me and clearing codes on the car and pinching offf the fuel pressure regulator hoses off in order for their bougus cars to fail and then"repair them " in order to have the certain number to be qualified as a gold shield .SO I DO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT !ALL PERSONAL CARS WE WORKING WITH,SO IF THESE THINGS WERE WORKING THEN WHAT S TO SAY people could actually cheat or UNCHEAT , WTF , REGARDLESS , I NO WHATCHU TALKING BOUT.

Re: Yet another idea.

karuptrougeouttacontrol
baNNED,youre realistic,you make sense , and youve been around to know whats going, I have much respect for you. plese call me cause i want to decipher if you are the mole or not . and i have others who also would like to know if YOU ARE THE MOLE .