You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

StarTech
With the new Evap system on Gen3.. it automatically enters the results to the computer.. not giving you the option to retest it incase you pinched the wrong hose etc... You have to redo the entire test again to run another test?? This is bullshit.. Any ideas ? Did i miss something?

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Lose weight
Probably to stop the illicit activity of some that hook it up to the cal tank after it fails. Make sure to pinch it correctly the first time.
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

StarTech
That wont stop that.. they would just re run the rest  after it fails and connect it to the cal tank..

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hook it to the Cal tank? What type of idiot are you? THEY KNOW HOW MUCH WAS PUT IN.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

OH that sucks since the original evap test rules told us to verify that it was sealed repinch at 90 degrees of each other and run it again.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Nope redo

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, 4:02 PM StarTech [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the new Evap system on Gen3.. it automatically enters the results to the computer.. not giving you the option to retest it incase you pinched the wrong hose etc... You have to redo the entire test again to run another test?? This is bullshit.. Any ideas ? Did i miss something?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/You-can-only-run-the-EVAP-test-ONE-time-tp5076025.html

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

That totally bites!  Are they maybe in some kind of violation with that?    The LPFET specification says a seal verification is supposed be performed when it fails and CCR 3340.17(e) says:

(e) The LPFET equipment shall meet the specifications contained in the LPFET Specification dated January 2012, hereby incorporated by reference.

But I ain't no lawyer...although sometimes  I think I am!

If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

StarTech
Hook it to the Cal tank? What type of idiot are you? THEY KNOW HOW MUCH WAS PUT IN.
You know i'm not telling anyone to do this right? I was replying to the comment that a crooked person would do that so the "prevention" of  redoing the test wont stop any bad guy.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

No One
You're right. Dirty smog techs don't give a fuck about how they go about passing cars.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Let me get this straight ... are you saying that the "second-chance" mode of the LPFET test has been eliminated?  If that's true, I am deeply disappointed.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

StarTech
barrym95838 wrote

YEP! Yesterday my first car failed for EVAP. Normally, I would be able to double check if i had the right hose (some of those under car ones are tricky and unlabeled.. doing this for 15 years so I know but every once in a while you make a mistake following the line ) ANYWAYS.. yeah  i used to say yes to if wires are leaking etc etc and it would rerun the test again during the first vin input.  Usually for gross leak fails I would do this to verify that it is indeed the car that is leaking and not technician error.  This time, the evap failed and the computer which is synced up to the evap system automatically enters the evap fail data and proceeds to the next question of if theres any repairs done prior to the start of the smog which we all know we cant go back on...  One chance is all we get unless you want to do the entire test again...  and we all know that the moment you need to do it again is when you have 4 people waiting!  happy times.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

805smogtech
StarTech wrote
barrym95838 wrote
Let me get this straight ... are you saying that the "second-chance" mode of the LPFET test has been eliminated?  If that's true, I am deeply disappointed.

Normally, I would be able to double check if i had the right hose (some of those under car ones are tricky and unlabeled.. doing this for 15 years so I know but every once in a while you make a mistake following the line )
I was under the impression if the cannister is under the car, it doesn't need to be tested? Like on VW Vanagans, Volvos in the front bumper etc. I put N/A on those ones

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

I check many (but certainly not all) of the under-car canisters if there's a rubber hose within reach, but that's just me.  If you've been viewing your short-term stats and you aren't being dinged for the ones you bypass then you're doing an acceptable job, at least in the eyes of STAR.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

Best Answer I Can Give
 You get a Ding for that Volvo or that Dodge Van, you can always argue that you are following the rules the others are not. Both of those and many others you need to get on the floor to test. By the last 4 hour waste of time update I did, On the ground is a NO DO. So who is doing what they want? Who is paying attention?

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

805smogtech
The ones in the bumper, or if I have to lay on my back I always put N/A. I also don't ever check timing if the label says "No adjustments Needed" or "No other Adjustments Needed". Only ding I've ever gotten in my 5 or so years smogging was around 2015 or 16 sometime on a freaking early 90s Previa for putting N/A on ignition timing lol

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?

deathbysmog
You could just pinch all of the hoses, having extra pliers makes it ez, most of the time you can see what line has been pinched in the past.

Re: You can only run the EVAP test ONE time?