Zero Air

Centralized Smog
My zero air generator is busted and the little bottles only last a couple of weeks. Where can I get the bigger ones in the San Francisco area?

Re: Zero Air

none
I am in Sacramento area but I used to get them through AIRGAS, the welding supply. You have to lease the bottle but it was cheap. I think it was about $20-25/month. You need a regulator and adapter too. Run about 40psi.

Once I got a second machine and a service contract it was cheap enough to get the zero air rebuilt.

Re: Zero Air

kfworry
If you go with the large "BAR 97" zero air cylinder, it could last one year or more
depending on how many test you do.
Air Gas has a monthly Haz Mat fee of about $7.50 plus a "daily rental fee".
It adds up to about $16 to $20 per month.

Re: Zero Air

I get a whole year (about 2500 smogs and 100 calibrations) out of the large zero-air bottle on my ESP Gen 1.  I close the valve every night, and open it every morning (except Sunday), rain or shine.  The N2 bottle only gives me a few months ... I think there might be a tiny leak, because the pressure reads zero in the morning, while the zero air pressure is still holding at over half.

Re: Zero Air

justa
Banned User

Re: Zero Air

simpleman510
thank the gods upstairs i have a zero air genertor and a service contract to back it up

Re: Zero Air

Centralized Smog
For those interested, there is Airgas in South San Francisco and Praxair in San Fracisco. You can only rent at Airgas and it is about $20 a month. You can buy it at Praxair for less than $350.

Re: Zero Air

Kriss Vector

Re: Zero Air

scanner
takeiteasy wrote
My supply guy only charges me 220 to replace my big zero air tank and it lasts about a year, no monthly fees. In upland

That's a good price.  It's completely legit with BAR labels?

Re: Zero Air

Centralized Smog
takeiteasy wrote
My supply guy only charges me 220 to replace my big zero air tank and it lasts about a year, no monthly fees. In upland
We bought it alright so we don't pay the monthly rent. Like Scanner said that is a very good price. It is over $300 for the refill at both places I checked out.

Re: Zero Air

BlueSky
Airgas Bill
I purchased the big bottle (200) from Airgas and when it is empty I exchange it for another I paid $182 last year.

Re: Zero Air

justa
Banned User

Re: Zero Air

BlueSky
just another shop owner wrote
There is two sizes of bottles. A huge steel one and a smaller one. LAT I KNEW. That maybe the reason for the different prices.
I got the BIG bottle 57" tall 9 1/2" diameter.