advertising and marketing

Re: advertising and marketing

 I have put stuff down about a good taste. When they walked in,was it clean and neat That = a good taste\ feeling. As they leave, same thing. AC the waiting room. Hotter than HELL when they walk into a cold room, Good feeling. As they step back out into the heat. "That was nice in there" = good taste.
I know you had mentioned the "Disneyland model" before. I had thought about that a fair bit. I work at keeping the area around my shop clean and the landscaping trimmed up and plants healthy. I have also gotten compliments on my office and waiting area. I have nice cabinets and a granite counter top with a coffee bar and a Cuisinart coffee machine and also a display with free lollipops. I dump the trash and sweep every morning.

That said, this ain't no Disneyland. I was very impressed when I went there at how well groomed everything there is. Not even a flaw in the concrete or hedges.

Re: advertising and marketing

xcinlb
Disneyland better be neat clean at every corner, at over $100 a ticket to get in.

Re: advertising and marketing

You need better dealer accounts. The biggest dealer account I have doesn't even want any incomplete monitors, even evap. He is concerned about happy customers and it helps my FPR I'm guessing too. That and I like burning his gas to drive them home at times, a Subaru WRX yesterday.
That sounds like an excellent suggestion.  I'm going to tell all the crooked, cheap, impatient, lying used car bastards to take a hike, and replace them with good customers.  That goes for the incompetent, cheap, impatient, lying regular customers as well.  I'm fed up with all their bullshit.  Should do wonders for our bottom line over here.  Can you send a few good ones my way, so we don't end up starving?

And, could someone please track down Pat Martin and that annoying Kaiser Permanente broad and strangle them for me before they can make any more stupid radio commercials?

Thanks in advance.

Re: advertising and marketing

Re: advertising and marketing

I sense a little hostility in your reply.

There is a definite balance to be made between "bottom line" and "STAR". I own this place so I can and do "run off" bad customers. I have run off at least three used car dealers that were like you described but I try to do it politely but I will tell customers that I won't pass(or test) it like that but some places may, just not here. I also don't give them discounts or all the other privileges that guys like that want from you. They are usually the same ones that want you to drop what you are doing and take care of them.

The customers that want you to pass or test something that is not right or will effect your STAR score are usually the ones that are time sponges too. On the Worldpac Forum someone once said that auto repair shops need to get rid of their lowest 15% of customers to make room for new good customers. He was right. Also I would say less than 10% of your customers give you more than 90% of your stress.

Re: advertising and marketing

BayAreaSmogTech
Das Boot wrote
And don't forget all those pending codes that come with the dealer accounts!
You need better dealer accounts. The biggest dealer account I have doesn't even want any incomplete monitors, even evap. He is concerned about happy customers and it helps my FPR I'm guessing too. That and I like burning his gas to drive them home at times, a Subaru WRX yesterday.

Car dealers seem to be either good or bad in many ways. The bad ones don't want to pay, don't want to wait, and their cars are crap. They can go elsewhere. I like the ones who pay their bills without being asked and treat you like their equal not their slave.
This has been my experience too. I used to deal with a lot of bad dealers that always brought in crap with max readiness monitors and pending codes. I slowly weeded them out and now deal with dealers that understand that I have to fail their cars if they don't pass and I will not smog their vehicles with ANY monitors not set/any pending codes. The dealers also pay me to fix their cars as well when they don't pass as long as I charge them wholesale on the parts. Fair tradeoff since I make them to run ALL the monitors after repair and I also get credit for the repair.

Sure you lose some business but in the end those are the cars that will drop your fpr and will make you lose thousands in the long run.

Re: advertising and marketing

barrym95838 wrote
And, could someone please track down Pat Martin and that annoying Kaiser Permanente broad and strangle them for me before they can make any more stupid radio commercials?

Thanks in advance,

barrym95838
EO/EI144107
There is usually a button that says "POWER". See it? Go ahead and hit that one and it will all stop.

You could also try further down the dial and get the oldie moldie rock stations. The weird hippie sh!t or further down to the one that plays the song we didn't even listen to when they were new.

Re: advertising and marketing

Re: advertising and marketing

Troll
smart guys firing jerkoff customers and used car thieves.
we did some, but not enough
kudos to ya
12