alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
Does bar still required books, if you have the 1 of the above?   thanks

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

none
Which books are you referring to? Alldata has the motor application book tables in their information so you don't need those but their information stops at the early 80s vehicles so I have the shop manuals for 1976-1985 foreign and domestic cars and trucks out on a shelf.

I had to knock the dust off one of the old ones to check the vacuum routing on a 1979 Jeep EGR earlier.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Calibration Required
Alldata meets their requirements.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
Mitch and Motors. Emission control systems application

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
Thanks Cal.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Calibration Required
Smogtech wrote
Thanks Cal.
You're welcome.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

I find it worth it to still have an application book. For me it is far faster to grab the book and find what is required than to look it up on the computer. I alternate between Mitchell and Motor each year. In the beginning I used my ALLDATA for all of it but as my volume got higher there are some things I thought were worth it to save time. I seem to see a lot of cars without underhood labels too.

I bought a WAEKON EGR tester too after a while. I could do it without one but it saved a lot of time for the GM EGRs.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Best Answer I Can Give
 First off, are you Test Only or Test and Repair?

 My understanding T.O. only needs the application Manuel. Test and repair needs all the books, or a online contract.

 If I was to go back to Test and repair I would find the best deal and go with it.  99.9% of what you need is on the net.

 If your a good MekOnick, you just need to understand how the system works. To me, and I'm just TO, I would buy one hell of a good lab scope, multi channel. That is the one tool I would not be cheap on.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

none
Even a TO is required to have the drivability books that show vacuum diagrams and such. I had Alldata even as a TO because it sure helps to find evap canister locations and how to properly check timing.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Best Answer I Can Give
 You know None, Years back when we would get that "Audit" every couple months, and the BAR Cop all his job was Smog, I could see a problem. Those guys knew what, where, when and why.
They knew when a new book was out. Do the guys of today?

 Do the guys that will not do a service contract, tape the hose together, wash a throw away filter to reuse.
You and I, JM, several others have had the BAR Cop say spread those cheeks, were not even going to use lube, get ready for an inspection.

 How much has this program gone to hell because ????????????????????????

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
we switch to TR the end of the year.  We going to deals with asian car only for now.  We want make the BAR insp happy.  We have factory manuals hardcopy and online.  Techstream lite, verus for scanner. For lap scope I like Pico. We currently have motors book 2016

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
we still get bar audit 1 a year.
iha

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

iha
Does anybody know the difference between Alldata Repair and Alldata Repair S3000? Is there a difference?

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Best Answer I Can Give
 Mr.Tech. Did you get a gas audit like we get? Or up up the ass 3 hour audit like we would get?

 The Gas one we get is not near the one of yesteryear.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Smogtech
Be NICE to your Auditor,  If you like up in the behind that's up to you.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Best Answer I Can Give
 In the many years, I have had some nice as nice could be. Did there job with no hassle. Others, not enough lube in the world to stop that pain.

Re: alldata shopkey mitch

Just the Facts
iha

Re: alldata shopkey mitch