anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

SamiTheSmogChick
we just had our lpfet evap tester connected to our gen3. has anyone done a test this way yet? according to the instructions the evap tester has to be on and connected, then you press continue on the gen3. I got a message saying evap test record purge failed. Is there something im supposed to push on the evap tester first? if I hit continue again and it fails again it will abort the smog test!

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Who's machines are you using?

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Bar hasn't made that transition yet, has it?

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

kfworry
The ESP/OPUS Technician stated he would connect the EVAP to the Gen 3
in the near future.
Do Not Do The Evap Test until prompted by the BAR 97.

The BAR should come out with a "Hard Start" date eventually.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

kfworry
For right now we can do the Evap test at anytime.

OPUS for gen3 and Delphi for lpfet

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

SamiTheSmogChick
SPX service guy was out at the end of the day yesterday and connected the two machines

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

805smogtech
we have 2 bar 97 at the shop. in the last month both of them have had the benches replaced. one of them two days ago. the guy servicing it said something about bar connecting the evap to the bar 97 and purging data during every test as some sort of beta testing along with a software upgrade. have to hook up a cable to the evap during the evap portion of the test which now must be done last.

its really quite simple. follow the onscreen promopts and you shouldn't have any issues. or just do like i do and use the other bar 97 in the shop (if your shop has another?) to avoid this hassle. it actually kind of sucks, especially since now it adds time to the overall test.
Al

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Al
I have it.
make sure it is calibrated and you precheck the regulated pressure. Not the pressure at the regulator, but at the evap machine. Go to the diagnostic menu and then go to the evap menu to see it.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

As far as I know there is no set release date for testing like that

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/anyone-use-the-gen3-with-lpfet-tp5074843.html

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Do you still have to call out every so many days?
Al

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Al
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Do you still have to call out every so many days?
no. evap results get transmitted with smog results at end of every test.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

none
AL, Can you still start the evap test right after the dyno run is done or do you have to wait to start it until you are prompted about the evap test result?

Right now I run the evap test while I do the visual inspection but in a previous post it sound like I may have to wait until the end to start the evap test.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

SamiTheSmogChick
You now have to wait until the gen3 says to start the evap test, at the end.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

BasicTech678
wow that sucks, i also did it during my visual look like your new here welcome

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Wait until prompted? That's stupid. How the hell is the machine going to know when its being done?! The cable that got connected is short as hell, so im assuming we have to wait until we are prompted to load the test results.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

Looks like the prices are going up for '95 and older again.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

none
barrym95838 wrote
Looks like the prices are going up for '95 and older again.

AGREED!

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

SamiTheSmogChick wrote
You now have to wait until the gen3 says to start the evap test, at the end.
Thanks for the reply.

Re: anyone use the gen3 with lpfet?

 Had a PR tell me once upon a time that I was not allowed to do the input in a bunch. PCV, STOP look at the PCV system enter pass or whatever. TAC, STOP look for the TAC. Had to stop and look every time.
He would always say LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY YOU ARE MAKING. Never saw how much I was spending to keep the place open.