appeal and prolonging citation

Levi
Hi guys I recently got a citation for a modified secondary air injection.. they rigged it with a shorter belt on a 95 ford explorer.. anyways I went to the hearing and im just trying to prolong it as long as possible so I can get my money together what should I write down for my argument cause I already got denied for request of discovery.. thank you for you time

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

007
I don't recall any air injection on a 1995 explorer. So please explain how they used a shorter belt?

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

FRUSTRATED
I would hire an attorney, there is no legal way they can deny you "discovery" if you properly appeal the case and it is to go to an administrative judge court.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

bizarsmog
maybe this is 1994 ford f-150 which did catch him our shop last august air pump puly was out

And also when you talk to your lawyer for coast , total amount if say that we charge month to month DON'T deal with him because of bold suckers, end of the year you pay around $ 20.000 easy because we have a expriece with automotive defense lawyer
  Talk to whole coast first do not open any door behind you than get a deal otherwise you spent tons of money for nothing

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Levi
thank you guys for replying... well basically at the hearing they showed me pictures of the secondary air injection with the belt not on it...so they just some how made a shorter belt from the glance of it everything looks fine..... I filed for a informal hearing section 11445.40 and says in my letter that discorvery is not permitted and denied and says I have to submit a written statement or any supporting evidence by this week

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Levi
I have to double check at home where the actual citation paper is... its either for 95 f150 or explorer

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Levi
i admit i f***** up.. and glanced, I've only gotten my license less then 3months

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

909 Smog
You always have right to evidence.  After you lose the informal appeal, file for a formal appeal and request discovery.  When you lose the formal appeal, pay the fine and wait for the STAR letter.  Appeal that too at a formal hearing.  Don't waste $$ on a lawyer.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Mark

As I understand it they HAVE to give it to you?
Levi wrote
 I already got denied for request of discovery
On what grounds did they deny your discovery?

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Jamamson
What's the STAR letter?  Is that the letter stating they are taking your STAR away?

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Only 3 months? Damn, tough for new techs.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Levi
this what I got in the mail... what should I do

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

FRUSTRATED
Hire an attorney, it seems the BAR is using legal verbiage to deny you your right to the discovery.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Johnny
This is not the hearing before the administrative law judge, it is the representative interview explaining the procedure if you choose that path. Let me warn you that the path of persuing the administrative law judge was changed by ab2289. If you choose this path and lose (and you will) you are charged for court fees. Could be substantial. Look under enforcement and see what was charged for fines and look at the additional charges for court fees. Sorry to here about your citation please share as much info as you can so some of us benefit from your unfortunate entrapement.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Mark
These fucking assholes know no bounds in denying constitutional rights.
I am getting out of this shit as soon as I can.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Go to the resource section of this site, click on legal, it will take you to the automotive defense website, I was just on there site and they say they will answer your quetions on the phone for free, take advantage of that so you can go in the right direction, they have more experience then any of us trying to answer your question.

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

Levi

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

909 Smog
Where do you see court fees for taking your case in front of an administrative law judge?  Does anyone have proof of this?

Re: appeal and prolonging citation

justa
Banned User