best prices for nitrogen

Iconcur
I got a new ww machine so I don't have to worry about high and low gas tanks however whats the going rate for  nitrogen for the evap machine and who delivers? when I worked in marin county we had a supply guy who drove around with oil and smog supplies. I'm in Vacaville though and I'm new here so if anybody can chime in the only local delivery I found was burt and Williams from Vallejo for 70 bucks a bottle!!!

Re: best prices for nitrogen

SacSmog
I pay $35 a bottle from a Air gas company

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Best Answer I Can Give
 Makes me wonder how many IDIOTS are just refilling the bottle with shop air?

Re: best prices for nitrogen

D Rochells 150861
Why bother refilling it with air when you can just hook air to the evap machine? Also shop air to the zero air saves a lot of money.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Just the Facts

Re: best prices for nitrogen

D Rochells 150861
I was of course being quite sarcastic, only techs who have gone to the dark side do such things. They also run the evap test on the calibration bottle.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Best Answer I Can Give
 I wasn't kidding. I am willing to say we have IDIOTS out there that are filling the bottle with shop air just to save money.

 Real SMART. Fill a tank that has a flammable gas with air. Any takers think it hasn't been done?

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Real SMART. Fill a tank that has a flammable gas with air. Any takers think it hasn't been done?
Count me among the idiots.  I do it with my smoke tester all the time.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

none
barrym95838 wrote
Count me among the idiots.  I do it with my smoke tester all the time.

ME TOO. My Redline smoke machine uses shop air.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

I wasn't kidding. I am willing to say we have IDIOTS out there that are filling the bottle with shop air just to save money.

 Real SMART. Fill a tank that has a flammable gas with air. Any takers think it hasn't been done?
Just kidding BESTA. I use 80% nitrogen.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Best Answer I Can Give
 That is a good point. Excellent in fact. Never thought of that.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

D Rochells 150861
That's why I use propane in the evap machine, if there is a leak you can use a lighter to find it.

Re: best prices for nitrogen

Best Answer I Can Give
 You that have a smoke machine, put a probe on it. The 02 just maybe burned up to make smoke.