can i sue

Karupt
Can i sue DCA/BAR for false advertising? when i went through their approved course i was not instructed not once on how deep,and far BAR would be up in my bussiness literally,neither was i told that laws and regs would be changing constantly , nor was i told that enforcement does not educate, they only take my money . All these things should be taught at All the approved courses and they should dedicate at least an hour to this ! NOthing was ever mentioned .Is this really stretching it ?

Re: can i sue

smoginstructor
4yorei'sonly,

I'm saddened to hear that someone didn't give the best education possible.  DCA and BAR only approve these courses it is up to the instructor and school to provide that additional information.  In my courses I make sure I let everyone know but possible repercussions when things are not done correctly.  Although I am not allowed to speak truthfully to my students about the repercussions due to possibly scaring the students out of the program, I feel that not educating them on these subject we are hanging them out to dry.  Also just like in all laws in the USA when Assemblymen are bored and are funded by the right people or companies who will benefit from any type of law change assemblymen will produce really dumb laws.  For example Mike Eng introduced the law of only OBD II testing for smog, he said that since the OBD II system checks emission systems that is sufficient enough for a smog check.  Now last I check there is no smog machine bolted in every trunk of every car, truck , or motor home and that's why we use a TSI or ASM type smog check.  What I see is that companies like ESP, World Wide, SPX, OTC, and many more can benefit from a state contract for making a OBD II smog machine, so that is how Mr. Eng who has never in his life done a smog inspection introduced the new smog check requirements.  For enforcement first offense is 8 hour training covering inspections procedures and laws and regulations.  Second offense is 16 hours and should cover again inspection procedures and more laws and regulations.  Finally Third offense is 68 hours and would cover the complete Basic Clean Air Car Course.  When I do the BCACC I spend Almost four night lecturing about laws and regulations and visual inspections.  I would recommend to speak to the director of the school were you attended about this situation.  If you have any questions please contact me at staff@stopthestarprogram.com.

Best Regards,

Smog Instructor

Re: can i sue

Karupt
 THANKYOU , I got that it would scare students away , it would have done exactly that for me and i would have retrained in something else like phlebotomy for instance, but now i am riding the dirty BAR train.
And now i know why Eng was so concerned with the smog check program ! ty again !

Re: can i sue

Mark
I would love to get out of it myself. It has turned into the biggest bunch of political bull crap I could of ever imaged. Give a bunch of pencil pushing, blow hard, idiots that lie for a living and have them meticulously dictate what working people do. There is a reason that no branch of the government can operate at a profit. And that is red tape and an EXTREME lack of logic and common sense. Finger pointing, backstabbing and BS contests are what makes politics...tick.

Interesting that Sherry Mehl was appointed by former Governor Schwarzenegger. Interesting but not surprising since Mr Schwarzenegger is know to be dissuaded by the opposite sex, if you know what I mean :) Mr Schwarzenegger's wife can attest to this fact. Possibly Sherry was a we bit under qualified for the position and more than a wee bit over bearing to make up for her deficiencies. Passing the gauntlet in the middle the biggest money grabbing scam ever devised by BAR is sure to cause a change. If history repeats itself this change will not be for the better as far as us working people are concerned. The only way IMHO to improve our future is to FORCE :~ the BAR to treat us like humans. Other wise, absolute power corrupts absolutely. This concept was defined as the constitution was written in a system called checks and balances and is the reason there are term limits on persons in high political power. One branch of the government has to control another or it will spiral out of control. Citizens can vote for who they wont in office. We the working class that are the workforce of the Smog check program have no voice. We don't even have the right to a trial of our peers on life changing and monetarily devastating accusations by this out of control appendage of the beast know as BAR. We are treated like subhuman indentured slaves whose only way out is to change professions. That is all well and good for the younger techs. But if your at or near the 1/2 century mark in the worst recession in your life, trying to protect you home and family from this victimization. Then you have far fewer options.

I guess ill go down fighting!
BTW, screw you BAR. I ain't got nothing else to loose.
Put enough people in a corner with no options and see what you get.

Re: can i sue

Karupt
I cannot afford a career change now , nor should i be forced to look for one ,while BAr employees drive around state vehicles and have kids in college ,pensions etc . and a retirment to look forward to . All the time their employers forcing more and more out of us , like what they want , Blood ?
  Anyway i am all for this class action , what else do we have to lose ? Except being trampled on some more by dca/bar . and if they try to retaliate ?
well that s another story .