catalytic converters being stolen

No One
Saw on the news that they started engraving license plate numbers on CATS to help trace reported stolen CATS. Do you guys think its a good idea to require for all cars?

Re: catalytic converters being stolen

scanner
No One wrote
Saw on the news that they started engraving license plate numbers on CATS to help trace reported stolen CATS. Do you guys think its a good idea to require for all cars?
I don't think it should be required.   I'm not sure if it would help curtail the theft of the cats.   I suppose it wouldn't look good at a recycler to have a stack of cats with long sanded marks on them.

It might be easier to just to grind/sand a line across the cat to make it look like someone had put a number there.