citation

calismog
so two days ago i got  i did a 1998 diesel on the bar 97 machine instead of ios, i know i scewed up
does that mean iam getting my star taken away ? its still a legit test
please peeps advise

Re: citation

FiendFX
You won't lose your STAR status. BAR is being lenient because many stations are being cited for this.

Re: citation

calismog
it was an honest mistake , good thing the the truck is coming back and testing it correctly on ios
thanks guys

Re: citation

justa
Banned User

Re: citation

calismog
from what im reading here lots of people been hit . the bar guy gave me a citation, the truck will be retested on the ios, looks like lots of shop are being let off the hook? with so many updates why isnt there a block on the bar 97?

Re: citation

FRUSTRATED
I believe you have to contest the action by BAR if they advise you are losing your STAR certification, then you and get a secondary hearing and they proceed with what they call and abatement, you do pay the fine though.

Re: citation

just another shop owner wrote
 I say Class action. $500 each to fight them. I'm in and haven't been hit.
Hi justa!  I'm interested, could you tell me more?
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: citation

justa
Banned User

Re: citation

mikesmobile
Finding an attorney.
I know of two who claim to fight for us against whoever, and I haven't heard of any success stories using these two particular attorneys.
So, who would we get to represent or how would we choose a competent attorney to fork over 100K to?
No need to set up some fund if we can find a good competent attorney worthy of our support then he can get paid directly by each shop, tech that wants to get involved.
Mike

Re: citation

Somebody BETTER re- tape or re-record that BAG meeting on you-tube and quickly JUStA before it suddenly and mysteriously disappears .

Re: citation

mikesmobile
Post the link
Mike