clean gassing

Re: clean gassing

BasicTech678
wow lol cheat is cheating if your gonna cheat isnt this the harder way? i mean either way you go caught

Re: clean gassing

Thanks for posting

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020, 4:20 PM Troll [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://thedcapage.blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Bureau-Of-Automotive-Repair-Initiates-Disciplinary-Action-Against-Nine-Smog-Check-Stations-Engaged-In-Fraud.pdf
Tip of iceberg

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/clean-gassing-tp5079337.html

Re: clean gassing

What are they allegedly doing?  Mixing in something like MIG welding gas?  Hermanos Test Only is mentioned among the accused ... aren't they the plaintiffs from the abandoned STAR lawsuit several years back?  Is money really that strong of a motive?

I realize I have far more questions than answers ...

Re: clean gassing

Best Answer I Can Give
 One a day at $200. Times that 5 days a week. $1000. 52 weeks in a year $52.000. That is more than some people on this site make.

 So what do it for a couple years. Bank all of it. Go back home and live like a KING.
Plus all the $$$$$$$$$$$ you are making doing legal stuff.

 There is a HUGE market out there just in the used car market. Couple hundred. Pass a vehicle without putting out money for a new CAT. HELL YES.

Re: clean gassing

i noticed  that the evidence in these cases is based on gas levels. They did not witness anything. n At least not on the 2 I read. Seems kind of a wimpy way to go after Hermanos!
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: clean gassing

"clean gassing"

I heard about this. The CO2 levels tend to be above 16% because propane.

Re: clean gassing

Able
One a day at $200. Times that 5 days a week. $1000. 52 weeks in a year $52.000. That is more than some people on this site make.

 So what do it for a couple years. Bank all of it. Go back home and live like a KING.
Plus all the $$$$$$$$$$$ you are making doing legal stuff.

 There is a HUGE market out there just in the used car market. Couple hundred. Pass a vehicle without putting out money for a new CAT. HELL YES.

Way more than $200 a day.

More like a dozen cars a DAY!

Remember reading a few docs from BAR and shops were doing hundreds of smogs a WEEK!

Re: clean gassing

No One
I read the charges on the Hermanos smog. Sounds like total bullshit. They have 12 cars to go off of and all from sec by sec test.

Re: clean gassing

After reading some of the EVIDENCE I wonder if anyone has asked the question, HOW? None of the cases has actual evidence of what was used to fool the machine. What if the whole problem is a wacky gas bench? The machine is sealed and very sensitive to tamper, how did all of this happen? The system is twenty years old! I would be very suspect of the data being reliable enough to condemn someone without a reasonable explanation of how the readings were accomplished. I want to know what gas was used. I want to know how it got introduced to the exhaust sample. I want to know what the compensation was for this service. This smells bad to me.

Re: clean gassing

dcf1ver
LoL it blows me away that you guys hate the BAR, hate crooked inspectors,yet some how always side with one or the other.

The circumstantial evidence is extremely strong,backed by the science of exhaust gas analysis.  Same way I diagnose smog failures. Its fact and physics.

There doesn't always need to be a witness, especially if the circumstantial evidence has merit and cannot be refuted.

Although Id love to see a lawyer bring in an expert and try to explain away what is occurring with the measured exhaust gas.

Re: clean gassing

WealdstoneRaider
dcf1ver wrote
LoL it blows me away that you guys hate the BAR, hate crooked inspectors,yet some how always side with one or the other.
But.. but.. my crappy fpr score must be Bar's fault not my low quality or fraudulent inspections...
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: clean gassing

none
Where's the LIKE button?

Re: clean gassing

WealdstoneRaider wrote
dcf1ver wrote
LoL it blows me away that you guys hate the BAR, hate crooked inspectors,yet some how always side with one or the other.
But.. but.. my crappy fpr score must be Bar's fault not my low quality or fraudulent inspections...
star scores for the tech at hermanos test only
EO #633439
Jan 2020  No Score
Jul 2019  0.78
Jan 2019  0.60
Jul 2018  0.69
Jan 2018  0.65
Jul 2017  0.63
Jan 2017  0.40
Jul 2016  0.11
Jan 2016  0.55

the station also has had a consistent good score

And you wonder why most of us hate the BAR when this "crooked" tech has way better star score than me and others on this forum who cant stop clean piping and plugging.

Also a failed gas audit can be used to back up the machine acting up during these isolated incidents.

Re: clean gassing

HAW! Great post, No One!

What do you suppose clean gassing is anyways?  Do they have the probe out sniffing low gas?  Crazy!
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: clean gassing

dano
How can his score go down if he keeps cheating the same cars by every two years??

Re: clean gassing

No One
dano wrote
How can his score go down if he keeps cheating the same cars by every two years??
But.. but...his fraudulent inspections

Re: clean gassing

defective
They were probably introducing an outside gas through the quick connect Y in the sample hose.

Re: clean gassing

dcf1ver
No One wrote
Also a failed gas audit can be used to back up the machine acting up during these isolated incidents.
Isolated?

You do realize several stations were popped and their suspected vehicles displayed the same exhaust gas irregularities. There were over 100 vehicles that were flagged.

I'd hardly call 100 vehicles isolated incidents. I also doubt failed gas will cause the 3  exhaust gasses in question to rise,fall and rise again during the ASM run.

Re: clean gassing

No One
dcf1ver wrote
No One wrote
Also a failed gas audit can be used to back up the machine acting up during these isolated incidents.
Isolated?

You do realize several stations were popped and their suspected vehicles displayed the same exhaust gas irregularities. There were over 100 vehicles that were flagged.

I'd hardly call 100 vehicles isolated incidents. I also doubt failed gas will cause the 3  exhaust gasses in question to rise,fall and rise again during the ASM run.
I also like my choice of words lol.

Im talking about hermanos smog. They had 12 diff incidents listed, not 100s. The other shops, well I only checked one other shop and saw 15 incidents. And how many shops have they popped for them clean gassing? This is new and I just heard about it not too long ago? Have not heard of shops getting popped, but heard of shops machines gettling locked and then having their machine audited.
12