coming to your local neighborhood smog check

coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Karupt
  Smogs every year not every other year . REason = gas tax . The ois is being used to document miles driven from one smog cycle to the next , now that the gas tax is law , the state will be able to make more money at registration time by taxing us on miles driven . So , we will have more volume good for us , but generally we are all screwed .

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

kfworry
On one hand Senate Bill 350 will require a 50% drop in diesel and gasoline
consumption by year 2030. Yea Right!!
Then the S.O.B's in Sacramento will be screaming when gas tax revenue "tanks".
They will bite off their noses despite their ugly frigging faces!!
Jerry Brown and Obama need to go to jail!!

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

kfworry
Donald Trump speaks the truth because the Clowns in Sacramento and Washington DC
Cannot HANDLE The Truth!!!!
Society has gone to the dogs!!!!

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Karupt
you got that right Mr kfworry ,  we are supposed to be driving hybrids to make us independent of oil , yet now we are going to pay for that ! Its one step forward two steps back and put the money in the gov.s pocket please as you step back .

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Karupt wrote
Smogs every year not every other year . REason = gas tax .
They've been talking about annual inspection for selected vehicles for a long time.  I'm very interested, has there been some new information released about this that I didn't see?

Karupt wrote
The ois is being used to document miles driven from one smog cycle to the next , now that the gas tax is law , the state will be able to make more money at registration time by taxing us on miles driven
Is this true?  Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you at all.  I have already checked out SB350 and I have also read a number of viewpoints of it, but I couldn't find anything about how it relates to the Smogcheck program, and I'm interested in reading more about it.

If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

justa
Banned User

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

What are they going to do with all the POSs I see with broken odometers?  I'm talking hundreds that have been through here over the years, and I know I'm not the only one who sees them.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

kfworry
Jerry Brown and Obama Nation need to fill their tax coffers just to piss it away on Pork Barrel projects like the Fast Train to No Where instead of Desalination plants we so deperately need.

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

barrym95838 wrote
What are they going to do with all the POSs I see with broken odometers?  I'm talking hundreds that have been through here over the years, and I know I'm not the only one who sees them.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107
  Hey Barry , we might just see an increase in broken odometers including my cars I think just broke this morning !  but that is okay cause the cool thing about OIS is it reads the engine hours driven. I think that is why the state wanted to LOWER the price of OIS , so they don't feel so guilty about screwing us in a new way with the sb350 .

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Citation Addict
Id like to see BAR keep up with such demand in there enforcement devision.

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Citation Addict
Lets name a few:

Ford F series, expeditions, excursions, mustangs...ect
Toyotas
Gm Tahoes, Suburbans
BMW

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Karupt
  basically yes , they are doing this because loss of revenue on gas taxes with all the hybrids coming out . So , just like people used to buy diesels because they were exempt from smogs , now everyone must suffer because of this mandate  . Seems like they want everyone to buy a hybrid bt taxed on miles driven . its a lose /lose situation but I guess its win win for smog stations

Re: coming to your local neighborhood smog check

Kriss Vector