cut off exhaust

RussellJames

Re: cut off exhaust

KeepItReal
RussellJames wrote
wtf.....no i am not going to crawl under your piece of shit and put my probe right over my dyno....
I do it all the time, I don't mind.

Re: cut off exhaust

kfworry
I've done my share vehicles with "down turn", "dumps", in the exhaust in the past 8-years.
Sure, they are a pain in the ass, I adapt and insert probe and tie it up and
away from moving parts.

Re: cut off exhaust

Midnightdrummer
I do it too, but they piss me off when I have to crawl half way under the car on the nasty floor

Re: cut off exhaust

Mark
RussellJames wrote
wtf.....no i am not going to crawl under your piece of shit and put my probe right over my dyno...but hey buddy you are so fucking cool to cut off your exhaust now get the fuck out of my shop.....
You sound just like my last smog tech. He used to tell the customer to
put the probe in himself if it was a dude LMAO.

Re: cut off exhaust

KeepItReal wrote
I do it all the time, I don't mind.
I do it all the time, and I do mind.  Four-letter words flow freely, without a care for who hears them.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: cut off exhaust

midnightdrummer wrote
crawl half way under the car on the nasty floor

Clean the dam floor, it sucks for sure to have to crawl under any vehicle, but money is money and I will take it anyway it comes through the door.

Re: cut off exhaust

Midnightdrummer
We do clean the floor, but considering we have thirty cars in and out everyday it gets dirty quick.

Re: cut off exhaust

RussellJames

Re: cut off exhaust

dummer wrote
We do clean the floor, but considering we have thirty cars in and out everyday it gets dirty quick.

Then get a big piece of card board to lay on, it works great.

Re: cut off exhaust

I also do my best to do every car especially if it smells like its gonna fail,just love to get nasty cars off the road.  Use clamps to keep the probe in. It really sux when it's hot out though.

Re: cut off exhaust

Yeah, I have a few spring clamps handy for those circumstances ... they look sorta like gigantic metal clothes pins.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: cut off exhaust

007
If you want to keep the floors clean, use to work for a company back in the day, we painted the floors black and then applied zep industrial wax to the floors once or twice a week, it makes them look like glass. Any oil or dirty wipes up real easy and they stay clean. The only problem is in the winter water and wax not a good combo but 9 out of 12 months beatiful.

Re: cut off exhaust

My shop floor isn't particularly clean, but it's cleaner than a significant percentage of the driver's seats that I'm forced to sit in.

barrym95838
EO144107